Struggling with my intake

Amysbrats04
on 9/9/12 6:59 am - Melbourne, FL
So I'm 4 days out, and having a hard time with my protien/ water intake. I made my CIB @ 8:30am, and it barely looks as if I've touched it even though I have been sipping away.. Should I be worried?

Dave Chambers
on 9/9/12 7:21 am - Mira Loma, CA

CIB?  You need a minimum of 64 oz daily of water intake.  You also need protein supplements this early post op.  If you drink 2 oz of water every 15 minutes, stopping for 30 minutes before and after your meager meals or shakes at this time, you'll get in enough water. Get a timer to remind you to drink water. Failure to drink enough water will cause dehydration, and you'll likely end back in the hospital.  My wife has trouble getting enough fluids after her RNY revision in 2008, and it landed her back in the hospital.  I got a kids snow cone maker. I like the Victorio brand one, about $38 shipped by Ebay or Amazon.  Put fridge ice cubes in machine, grind ice into bowl. Fill bowl or soup mug 1/2 way. Add some SF Torani syrup you prefer.  Then grind more ice to fill up bowl, topping off with a little more Torani.  Now you can eat your hydration.  If you think about it, the first hydration you can have after major surgery is ice chips.  Adding unflavored whey isolate proteins to foods will help if you have issues with shakes.  You can add this protein to SF pudding for 2-3 oz servings with about 15g protein.  I current take a 35oz container of Fage greek yogurt, and add the powder from a small box of Jello SF pudding. Blend with hand mixer. Any SF flavor will work. But the cheesecake flavor is more versitile.  I place 3 oz of the Fage/SF pudding mix into a bowl and add 15g unflavored whey isolate protein. Mix in a several drops of you favorite Torani SF syrup.  The several flavors allow you to have several options. I like the cheesecake black cherry mixture. But you could also have a caramel cheesecake flavor, orange cheesecake flavor....many, many options here. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

april89love
on 9/9/12 7:49 am - NC
Concentrate on getting your fluids in first then work on your protein. You are very early out so it will be okay. Don't let yourself get dehydrated. Think of it as a job. Your job is to drink water.

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

(deactivated member)
on 9/9/12 10:04 am
Dehydration sucks and you won't be able to catch up. Which means a trip to the ER for IV fluids. So focus on drinking water. I had a NUT screaming in my ear about protein shakes and I ended up dehydrated which was alot worse than not getting in enough protein for a couple of weeks. Proten will definitely help you heal, and your body needs it, but in the immediate term, we don't do well withou****er.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 367 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 246 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 151 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 309 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?