Any suggestions on what to feed the family the couple of weeks after surgery.

dinas27
on 9/11/12 10:25 am - IL
RNY on 09/10/12
Hello...I recently had my surgery (yesterday) and doing great! Now I'm wondering what kind of things I can cook/or make for my family for dinner that is healthy and easy to make?

Thanks in advance!

Dina
soozieq
on 9/11/12 3:31 am, edited 9/11/12 3:31 am
Girl, don't you DARE cook for them.  Buy freezer meals, pizzas, etc etc or let them get take out.

If you really want to cook (which I didn't and I'm a chef!) then stick with easy meals so you don't overdo it.  You're still recovering.

Edited to add:  You might feel great today, and that's most likely because the pain meds are in your system and lingering meds from your surgery.  It'll catch up with you.  Trust me.  I really over did it the first week after my surgery and I came to regret it and made my recovery much longer.
Suzanne    RNY:  4/17/12  -   HW:  267  -   SW: - 256  -   GW:  150           
Kay L.
on 9/11/12 10:36 am - N., AL
Give them grilled chicken or rotisserie chicken and salad several nights in a row. After that, they'll leave you alone and order something. LOL! Just kidding. (maybe)
macjuicy
on 9/11/12 11:15 am - FL
Luckily we have a local restaurant that do cantinas basically dinner 7 days a week all we do is pick up and dinners ready

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

Oxford Comma Hag
on 9/11/12 11:38 am

A big pan of lasagna, a pot roast, a pan of stuffed shells, a vat of chili. Something that will go for several meals. I was on full liquids for three weeks, so it didn't matter to me what they were eating.

There were times when I didn't want to cook the first few days and times when I didn't mind. The bigger challenge for me what not tasting everything I was cooking. I learned in a hurry to cook by what I remembered stuff tasted like and by my sense of smell. This is not the time to try new recipes!

good luck and keep us posted

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Jennifer M.
on 9/11/12 1:50 pm, edited 9/10/12 6:51 pm - MN
RNY on 02/17/12
I don't know how old your kids are, but if you can, give up the family cooking duties for awhile. If you are the only person who can cook, give up being the perfect Mom for a few weeks. Sandwiches, canned soup, and frozen pizzas are just fine. When you can eat more, you can add in things that you can eat too.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 351 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 239 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 271 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 111 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?