Protein shakes

FinallyTime
on 9/13/12 6:12 am - WI
 I thought I would throw this out here.
I can't drink my protein shakes without vomiting the first couple swallow.  I have tried it with milk, with water, with frozen fruit, with sweet n low, with crystal light.  Every thing comes back up.
Any other ideast??

Dave Chambers
on 9/13/12 6:33 am - Mira Loma, CA

When did you have surgery?  Are you taking Prilosec or Nexium?  If you're a relatively new post op, that may be the issue. Taking Prilosec or Nexium usually makes foods or shakes more tolerable.  If you're taking one of these meds now, you might have to try another brand of shake. Tastebuds are very sensitive early post op, and you may have to try another protein shake. Sometimes it's simply the flavor of the shake. I'm guessing you may have selected the shake based on your tastebuds prior to surgery.  Tastebuds change for almost all post ops. You may have really liked chocolate prior to surgery, but find it's not to you're liking at all post op, as an example. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

FinallyTime
on 9/13/12 7:27 am - WI
 Hi Dave, I had surgery 7/25 so I'm fairly new need to get 3 shakes in a day... but the way i'm going i'm gonna get a cup a day.  I'm taking Prlosec per docs orders.  And you are right about the taste buds changing, i loved this stuff pro op but now i cant stand it !  Such a waste !  I think i'll just buy the unflavored and add crystal light, thats not TO bad. thanks for the insight !!  Julie

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 495 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 395 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 383 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 321 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 212 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?