bariatric advantage calcium chews vs calcet creamy bite chews??

TamaraL
on 9/16/12 10:42 am
I have been very slack with my calcium.  I just can't remember to take it.  I do get some calcium from food/protien shakes. probable only 500 mg

So the bariatric advantage chews are 250mg calcium for 1 and your have to take 2 for  500 mg and 1 bag is $11.95.

Then calcet chews are 500 mg calcium for 1 and 1 box is 30 chews $12.99.

So only 1 dollar difference

So which one do you do and why?? i love the calcet chews but their like candy to me. 

Tamara

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/16/12 10:46 am, edited 9/16/12 3:46 am - OH
I actually buy some of each! I use Upcal D in my morning beverage for dose 1, use the raspberry BA chews (or, occasionally, caramel) for dose 2, and then save one of the Creamy Bites for dose 3. I was having trouble remembering the last dose of the day, but now I look forward to the "treat" of the Calcet bite before bed! Makes it easy to remember it now.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Annie_Anaba
on 9/16/12 10:49 am
RNY on 08/27/12
Are those all calcium citrate? I am having problems finding any with citrate except for Caltrate and its too big for my 2 1/2 week pouch right now.
Carla G.
on 9/16/12 10:54 am - WY
RNY on 08/03/12
i was told by my dr not to start taking calcium until 2 months post op???  i'm only taking a multi vitamin right now, after 2 months i have to start doing b-12 shots, taking calcium and iron...is this different from what other ppl have been told by their surgeon??

Carla                    
wendydettmer
on 9/16/12 10:57 am - Rochester, NY
 i started with the calcium petite pills at like.....2 weeks or so.  i came home from the hospital taking pills (vicodon) and they said to start the vitamins as well.   i waited a bit because all i had were the regular size, and needed to get the petite.

if you can tolerate them, no need to wait.

i like both chewable calciums.  maybe i'll order myself another box, i haven't done them in a bit

Follow my vegan transition at www.bariatricvegan.com
HW:288    CW:146.4   GW: 140    RNY: 12/22/11  

TamaraL
on 9/16/12 11:18 am
i started taking Twin labs chewables within days after my surgery.  I started taking the citracal petites probable at 3 months.

Tamara

poet_kelly
on 9/16/12 6:46 pm - OH
I hope this is different than what most people are told by their surgeons.  The ASMBS says to start our multi and iron right away and to wait no more than one month to start calcium.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

TamaraL
on 9/16/12 11:16 am
Caltrate is calcium carbonate so its a no go.  I did twin labs calcium citrate right after surgery.

Then I started taking citracal petites at about 3 months but I am having a hard time remembering to take.  You have to take more of the petites to get the right dosage.

I need the chews because they will be more like a treat and maybe i will remember them

poet_kelly
on 9/16/12 11:57 am - OH
On September 16, 2012 at 10:49 AM Pacific Time, Annie_Anaba wrote:
Are those all calcium citrate? I am having problems finding any with citrate except for Caltrate and its too big for my 2 1/2 week pouch right now.
Yes, they are both calcium citrate, but Caltrate is NOT.  Caltrate is calcium  carbonate and you cannot absorb it.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Annie_Anaba
on 9/16/12 2:02 pm
RNY on 08/27/12
I'm actually taking Equate not Caltrate, that was a typo. The equates are huge. I looked for the minis and cant find them at Walmart maybe I can at the health food place. Thanks gals.
Most Active