SO I tried Edamame for the first time!

stephkaz
on 9/17/12 8:23 pm - IL
 And it is DELISH!!!! Tastes like pistachios!   Brought some home for my hubby to try too.  I can see myself steaming these at home with a little salt. I dont like tofu or soy stuff in general so I was suprised.

And I must say the Cheesecake Factory has really stepped up their game with their "skinny" menu.

I had the Meditteranian Lettuce wraps, with Chicken, tomatoes, onions, olives(mostly picked out by me) Feta Cheese and a little mini, mini side of tzazitki sauce.  (BTW I'm Greek , could you guess?) I had two out of the three wraps and my friend ate the other one and loved it.  WE shared a plate of edamame, which was HUGE.  I only ate about 10 pods worth.  I am not that far into post op so I only ate the beans, not the pod.   117 calories for one wrap, 2 grams of fat and no sugar, not sure on the carbs, as I used tthe sauce that came with it. 290 calories in giant bowl of edamame.  Sodium off the charts. lol 
You, I've mistaken for destiny, but the truth is my legacy is not up to my genes...

BugdocMom
on 9/17/12 8:27 pm - CA
I adore steamed edamame!!! It is such a great, healthy food!  In general, you are not supposed to eat the pod, just the beans. You can get it frozen at the grocery store and microwave it yourself. It's just as yummy without the salt.
cajungirl
on 9/17/12 8:37 pm
 I love edamame also. A great healthy snack. I like mine with low sodium soy sauce. 

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

daphneb
on 9/17/12 9:54 pm - AK
 Thanks for posting this, I had forgotten someone else told me abou tthem too.  I must try Edamame!

Great job! Fun to know we can do "normal" things, but on a smaller scale 

Lisa T.
on 9/18/12 8:21 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 06/07/12
Trader Joe's has a bag that is already cooked - all you have to do is reheat and serve. I keep a bag or two in my freezer. They are a great snack or make for a pretty quick lunch when I'm in a hurry and don't have time to pack. I also enjoy dried edamame (try Target's Archer Farms brand) and a good option for on-the-go eats.

Height 4'11"  HW:  235  SW:  230  GW:  130   RNY 6/7/12   

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 265 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 313 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 330 views