Surgery Date

Lindah55
on 9/18/12 6:35 pm - OR
RNY on 10/09/12
I have my surgery date--Oct. 9th  I am feeling mixed but excited too. What should I take to the hospital? I am worried about my medications. There are some I cannot go without for even a day.
anewbeginning2012
on 9/18/12 6:44 pm - IN
RNY on 10/01/12
 Mine is Oct. 1st. When I met with the surgeon yesterday, he said the nurses give you all your meds you need. Some you can even take in the morning before surgery if needed. Yours will let you know. It was very comforting to meet with mine yesterday - just to get questions answered. I am sooooo excited. Very nervous, but very ready.
Good Luck Linda!! We will be on the losers bench before we know it.

Kris        
juleskar
on 9/18/12 7:13 pm
You might have to remind your surgeon to write the orders for your medication and then ask the floor nurse to get them for you. My surgeon wrote the orders, but I wasn't given them. I was too out of it to request them. I think the reason I didn't get my daily meds is because they didn't want me drinking prior to having a leak test. Check with your surgeon how it would be best to get your meds (injection??) while you're admitted in the hospital.
2legit2quit
on 9/18/12 8:12 pm - MS
RNY on 10/24/12
Look on page 17, 4 days ago post by Shannon G "What did you bring and what did you really use in hospital"  Very helpful.  I've been going back daily to see if anybody posted anything new. 
Lindah55
on 9/18/12 9:43 pm - OR
RNY on 10/09/12
Thanks everyone I did look up page 17.

Linda