Skin Itches

aliassweets
on 9/19/12 10:19 am
Post Date: 9/19/12 9:57 am
Please help ! Im in my 11 month and have lost 84 lbs. Which is great only wanted to lose 100. But something is going on. My skin is so itchy I cant stand it. I scratch and I get bumps all over. Even my face itches. I had my husband put heavy duty cream all over me last night and I fell just as bad. What is going on? Making me crazy. Took allegy pills . Nothing... Same thing. What is happening to my skin? Anyone else experience this?
poet_kelly
on 9/19/12 10:23 am - OH
What's your vitamin A level?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

aliassweets
on 9/19/12 10:37 am
I really dont know. Last time I had my levels done everything was fine. Go again to see Dr on the 4th of next month.
poet_kelly
on 9/19/12 2:20 pm - OH
Well, what was your vitamin A level last time you had labs done?  If you didn't get that checked or if it was on the low side, it could be the cause of your itching.

It might also help to add some essential fatty acids to your diet, like fish oil capsules or flax seed oil capsules.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/19/12 10:54 am
may be vitamin mineral deficiencies, or allergy to things... like ... splenda (I get hives when I drink -  or eat something with splenda - the more I have - the worse my skin is)

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

aliassweets
on 9/19/12 12:31 pm
Drink alot of Crystal Lite.....Hmmm
H.A.L.A B.
on 9/19/12 1:07 pm
It took me 2 weeks splenda free to clear my skin.

Crystal light is aspartame  - nutra sweet -+ artificial color and flavors. A little may be OK - but we drink that stuff every day - it may cause build up of toxins - I know I had to clean my diet.

BTW: Aspartame- gives me wicked headaches. The next day. Grrrr...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

josannee
on 9/19/12 2:21 pm
 I just found out that I developed a severage allergy to Spenda, really bad headaches.  However, while doing the research I found the ichy skin and rashes are very common with Slenda/Sucrolose.  Some people went through alot of torment before they figured they were allergic.  I recommend you check into it.  I googled Splenda and found alot of information discribing your issue.  Good luck!  I hope you find your source problem quickly!!  
aliassweets
on 9/19/12 3:28 pm
Thank you. Can I ask with the Splenda did anyone feel like your palms of her hand itch like deep inside?
BWB
on 9/19/12 3:48 pm, edited 9/18/12 8:50 pm
That has happened to me periodically and I always attributed it to the change in my skin reacting to the weight loss. It has be particularly bad on my stomach. It will go away as suddenly as it comes. I also thought about shingles too, which I have had light cases on my torso. The doctor didn't have answer for me.

I didn't think about Splenda so I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for all ideas because it drives me crazy especially at night.

Most Active