I love the Goodwill!!!

Amy D.
on 9/25/12 10:45 pm - VA
RNY on 03/13/12
I love going into Goodwill and buying myself 4 pairs of jeans for less than the cost of one pair of jeans. I love that I don't have to spend a ton of money on transition clothing when I'll only be this size for a few months.

Also, Christmas decorations, childrens toys, and books! Yay!

So, what do you guys do for inexpensive transition clothing? And isn't it the greatest annoyance you've ever experienced, having to get new clothes all the time because they keep getting baggy?

"The greatest nation on earth is donation!"

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
brzmom
on 9/25/12 11:06 pm - MO
RNY on 08/08/12
We have several re-sale stores here in MO like Clothes Mentor and Ditto.  They are usually higher end clothing and cost a little more then a thrift store but they are also arranged by size which is one thing I hate about thrift stores.  I love the deals but sometimes don't have the time or patience to dig through racks of clothes.  I have started buying at these stores and figure once they are to big will just sell back to them and at least get a little bit of credit!

Sara O.
on 9/25/12 11:11 pm - NC
RNY on 03/12/12
I like going to second-hand stores like Plato's Closet or buying off ebay. I also raid the Old Navy clearance rack on a regular basis.

NevillesMom
on 9/25/12 11:14 pm - MA
Somethings that was a life saver for me was Jeggings from H&M- they have a plus size line. I had 2 pairs that I wore pre surgery and as I lost weight they went from being tight/ legging style to a style that was more of a straight leg look. I wore them for the first 4 months. I then hit the juniors section at Marshalls for jeans. They had designer jeans- Seven for all Mankind- but $20 less than the same style and brand in the adult section!

I have a friend who does a clothing and anything swap 2x a year. Trading clothes was great too!

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 9/25/12 11:28 pm
RNY on 01/10/12
I'm another fan of Goodwill -- both for buying clothes and for donating the clothes I've shrunk out of.

I'm figuring I'll be at goal by Christmas, and I'm asking for clothes for Christmas.  THAT'S when I'm going to start rebuilding my wardrobe at LLBean! 

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/12 11:45 pm
I love the Goodwill too, plus the Salvation Army and Savers and stores like that. I am wearing an outfit today from Gooodwil that looks great but cost less than $20. It's a blessing to have thrift stores that's for sure. Whats neat too is that the smaller I get, the more choices I have. there wasn't a lot of selection in my old fat size. What's cool too is even if I go "nuts" and spend a lot because I'm so excited to find clothes that fit, because they are so inexpensive it's not a big strain on my budget. Last time I was there i think I spent $30 and came away with a big bag of clothes. Awesome stuff!
AnniesSS
on 9/26/12 8:59 am
RNY on 09/11/12
I'm holding off as long as I can, but so many people have bragged about Goodwill, that I will have to set aside and hour or so to rummage through their clothes, when I'm ready..  I will also hit Marshall's and a few consignment stores nearby.

One of my coworkers overheard a conversation I had with another coworker about clothes and she had a carload of stuff she was going to bring for consignment!  I got 3 pairs of paints, 2 outfits, jacket and 2 blazers for $25!  I was thrilled and it was all good quality, great condition clothes. :)
  Annie  HW 289   SW 257   GW 150