left side

LThomas967
on 9/26/12 12:14 am
Hi all, I really like this site for support and inspiration! I had a revision from lapband to RNY on September 10th (2 1/2 weeks out). I still have tenderness on my left side, nothing like a week ago but know something has been done. It's not really bad, just tender (I haven't had to take tylenol or anything). I was wondering how long this would last before I felt back to normal. Thanks! 
Mike R.
on 9/26/12 12:45 am - Warner Robins, GA
For my RNY the incision for the Fobi drain which was removed before release from hospital stayed tender for about 4-5 weeks.  The surgeon probably told you not to lift anything over 20 lbs for 6 weeks.  This is so all of the abdominal muscle can heal properly without a hernia forming.  So, you should still be healing.  If the site is not red/angry/streaks and no oozing, then you probably have nothing to worry about.  Most surgeons do a check at 3 weeks post-op to make sure everything is healing properly.

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

LThomas967
on 9/26/12 2:36 am
Thank you for replying!  I didn't have a drain and there is no redness or swelling, etc... just very tender. Yes the doctor told me not to lift anything over 10 lbs for 4-6 weeks and I have listened for fear of an issue. I do have another post op check (first one was about 10 days after) at one month. I just get nervous this is all very new to me and still learning! Thanks again.
rncpage
on 9/26/12 10:21 am
RNY on 09/05/12

Hi there :)  My left side was the sorest out of all incisions and my Dr said it was because that was where he did most the manuvering with the intrument,  tugging and pulling all your other organs around.  That incision is also the widest one out of all 5.  I had surgery on 9/5 and on last Friday the 21st I can honestly day it doesnt hurt to get out of bed anymore or bending over dosent hurt :)  Everyone is diffrent however I think real soon you will be pain free!!  Good luck to you :)

LThomas967
on 9/26/12 10:34 am
Thanks, hoping in the next few days to be pain free!
brenlee1965
on 9/26/12 11:36 pm - New Berlin, NY
AUGH...The terrible left side pain. Yep...still have it. I had my surgery Aug 28th and I overdid; cause I felt great. I had pain from the left side of my left scar(the big one) to around to my backbone. Still have it. I am now out of lortab and struggling to do basic housework. Surgeon told my yesterday that it's normal (as the person wrote before) this is the place all of the work was done with the tools. I am hoping the pain goes away,soon. Gotta go back to work in 2 weeks.
 Bren                
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 469 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 539 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 522 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 192 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 409 views