Advice. Which doctor should I call

stephkaz
on 9/25/12 10:10 pm - IL
OK, It is day 3 of the worst most heavy period I have ever had.  Cramps are killer and  I am so dizzy and nauseous I feel like I am going to pass out.  I can't even see straight, my eyes keep blurring.  I have been taking my iron supplement and all of my vitamins and eating what I am supposed to.  I almost feel dehydrated as well from sweating so much.  Should I call the surgeon or my own GP?  This is the first time since surgery I felt like this.  I almost am scared to drive to work because I dont want to pass out behind the wheel.  Anyone else had this problem?  What did you do? 
You, I've mistaken for destiny, but the truth is my legacy is not up to my genes...

Kay L.
on 9/25/12 10:32 pm - N., AL
I'd call my GP or gyno. I see you had your surgery in August. Don't know how your periods were before, but your hormones are likely all out of whack due to the surgery and fat loss. During rapid weight loss, hormones flood through your system because they were stored in the fat cells.

Hope you feel better soon.
WhoIWantToBe *.
on 9/25/12 11:44 pm
RNY on 01/10/12
I'd call your OB/GYN.

And please don't drive.  Get someone to drive you.

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

jujubee4224
on 9/26/12 12:11 am
RNY on 04/09/12
I would call my family practitioner. Your OB/GYN may not have the necessary equipment to run a CBC or other tests. Your family doctor should have those things available. Also, if you need fluids, like IV fluids, your gyn will have to send you on to the ER, whereas most family docs can do that in their office. AS a nurse, going to my regular doctor is where I would go first. The dizziness, nausea and sweating can all be a sign of low bp, dehydration, anemia, or something else and needs to be evaluated first, then the cramps and bleeding second. Your FP/GP can either check on that too or refer you to your gyn.
Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 265 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 312 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 330 views