What is your nutrition plan?????

MrsLitch
on 9/30/12 6:37 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12
We have the same doc so of course my plan is the same as yours!

However, I did add b-12, and I can't take their vitamins because I've never been able to swallow pills. I also can't get down the potassium they prescribed no matter how hard I try.  I drink a celebrate ENS shake every morning that has 1 complete vitamin in it. I take a b12 sublingual 3 times a week. Dr said at my 3 mo check up that "I'm making it look easy" and all my labs are great. I got a copy of my preop labs as well as my 3 mo labs and did a comparison to see where I was dropping etc.

The problem with our doc is he doesn't order a complete set of labs and I had to ask my pcp to order the rest. Because of this I don't have preop numbers to compare but I do have my 3 mo labs from my pcp to use as a baseline to see if things drop.

I have followed his advise about not being med heavy and not adding in iron unless my body shows I need it. At 3 mo. I do not. I do take calcium but not daily I need to get better at that.

I would love to say I follow the plan to a tee but I do not. Once I got a charlie horse in my leg the first time I figured I really needed more potassium but being unable to take that vile nasty stuff he gives us I went off plan and added it in with food. Very minimally but enough that my cramps went away and my 3 mo labs were good.

At 3 mo out now I could add veggies but honestly I don't have room, to get in the protein we need I only have room for that. I've also had to add an extra shake with doc's approval at night if I'm not up to the calories and or protein I need. The nights I have to add that I am uncomfortably stuffed and I don't like that feeling. You can have veggies in 3 weeks so if you can hold off, try. if not, it's your choice ultimately.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 434 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 430 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 326 views