Knee surgery at end of month and have a few questions..

wvugal89
on 10/5/12 6:11 am - MD
 I have the no NSAIDS and bariatric diet down to let them know. What other things do I need to tell them preop so nothing goes wrong? I have tried to research but can not find any answers. This is my first surgery since my Roux N Y. Weird thing is I wasn't scared or nervous formy WLS but am terrified of this one. Any help would be appreciated. 

POI

Teri-Lynn

BezoarGirl
on 10/5/12 6:33 am - WA
I would inform the dr. who did the RNY about the knee surgery and also provide the knee dr. with the contact info for the dr. who did the RNY and when it was done.  Also, tell the nurses on your diet restriction and make sure they write it down so they don't give you something you are not suppose to eat by mistake.

Good luck!
Sandra
Price S.
on 10/5/12 9:00 am - Mills River, NC
I was over a year out when I had my knee replaced.  I made sure I took protein with me and my vits/mins and miralax.  It went ok, but I had to monitor the drugs they gave me because they kept trying to give me NSAIDS. 

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

ShebasMom
on 10/5/12 2:20 pm
Revision on 07/05/16
When I had my knee repaired last Nov, and my gallbladder surgery in June,  I listed NSAIDS as an allergy. I took Vicadin post-op for pain (and since it causes constipation, I was prepared for that too)

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16