compliment phenomena?

Tracey K.
on 10/4/12 11:39 pm - NJ
RNY on 08/24/12

I think I may have discovered something... or not LOL... but it seems to me that since my weight loss has started, I am receiving more compliments, even non-weight related.  For instance, compliments on acessories, hair, etc that haven't changed a bit. It just seems to me like people notice *something* is different, but either are not sure quite what, or don't want to say it, so find other things to compliment you on.  Either that, or the weight loss just makes everything look better :-) Confidence could be part of it as well, but either way I have noticed an increase in compliments, from coworkers even strangers (go figure that one) !!  Not complaining LOL.. just observing, thoughts? 

swampwoman
on 10/5/12 12:05 am - Hampton, NJ
I agree with your findings. I don't think they want to mention the weight, so they revert to something else about you to compliment you. I am happy to receive for whatever reason, although I have changed my hair, glasses, makeup etc. as I have lost weight.
Jane
  Today is the first day of the rest of my life!!                          
65rosesmom
on 10/5/12 2:34 am
Yeah this seems pretty spot on to me. I've noticed it as well.

And even with the strangers . . . we are such a weight obsessed society that cute things aren't noticed when they are on someone who is overweight. : / Sad but true...lose weight, you get noticed.

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

beckyboo87
on 10/6/12 2:37 pm - bremerton, WA
Soon you will notice that people in public will hold the doors open for you now instead of letting them close in your face, and people seem to smile and talk to you more too...at least that has been my experience.