Vitamins: chewable vs swallable

FunBrain
on 10/4/12 10:05 am
 Ive been told that our body absorbs the chewables better.  Being almost 2 yrs out - Im sick of the taste & the price...  So what i want to know is... what "swallable" vitamins do you take & are your labs good????  Thank You!

poet_kelly
on 10/4/12 10:21 am - OH
The ASMBS says we absorb vitamins we swallow just fine.  I take Centrum or a generic equivalent for my multi, generic calcium citrate, and D3, vitamin A, zinc, and carbonyl iron that I swallow, and my labs are fine.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

FunBrain
on 10/4/12 10:28 am
 Thanks so much for responding!  So your calcuim citrate has D3 with it?  or are they 2 seperate vitamins? Quess I should ask do you take 5 or 6 different vitamins daily?  
poet_kelly
on 10/4/12 11:17 am - OH
Yeah, there is D3 in my calcium citrate, but not a lot.  I take an extra 50,000 IU D3 capsule three times a week.

I take two multis a day, six calcium citrate pills a day, three iron pills a day, one vitamin C daily, and three times a week I take D3 and A, and twice a week I take zinc.  So I take at least 12 vitamin pills a day.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

MultiMom
on 10/4/12 9:18 pm - NH
 I use the Centrum Chewables only because the regular ones are so big I always have a hard time swallowing them. They do make smaller ones, but then I have to take double the amount of those for the same content AND they are more expensive too. I chew the multi quickly and then chew my Vit. C that I like the flavor of......

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009