Am I on track.....

LThomas967
on 10/5/12 10:41 pm
Hi everyone and thanks for your support - this is a great site. I will be 4 weeks out on Monday (surgery was Sept. 10th). I am able to eat mushies without a problem and everything is going well. My appetite has increased a little bit over the last few weeks, in the beginning food made me sick to smell. Now that I am eating I hope I am not eating too much. I can eat a cup of soup at one meal, and last night I cooked boneless chicken & broccoli casserole. I was able to eat about 1/2 cup or maybe even 3/4 cup - I know that the max is one cup and wouldn't go over even if I was still hungry (which wasn't the case). It was definately mushy so I had no problem. I am a little nervous thinking if I am able to eat this much now, what about down the road! Your thoughts....
artroxy blue
on 10/5/12 10:58 pm - MA
RNY on 08/14/12
At most, I could eat 1/2 cup per my dietician's instructions at 4 weeks. I don't know if your dietician gave you guidelines, but a cup of food sounds like a lot at your stage. I'm 7 1/2 weeks out, and I keep it close to 1/2-2/3 cup of food, depending on what it is. Salad is a slider food for me, so I have to make sure I get my protein in first before I munch on a few salad leaves.
poet_kelly
on 10/5/12 11:03 pm - OH
It's easy to eat a lot of soup since much of it is usually liquid. 

How much does your meal plan say to eat at this point?  I think I was eating 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup at that point.  3/4 cup sounds like a bit much.  It's important to measure your food, especially this early out.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

LThomas967
on 10/6/12 12:54 am
meal plan is 1/2 cup but is it slider mushy food at this point (protein based most meals). I guess I will just have to be sure and measure no more than 1/2 cup.
Mike R.
on 10/5/12 11:04 pm - Warner Robins, GA
As long as u eat slowly (should take 30 minutes) & u stop when satisfied u are on track. At pase 3 (6 wks postop) u will transition to solid food. Long term success is higher when u are able to eat solid protein in lieu of protein supplements. So sounds like u are on track.

HW: 392 lbs SW: 377.5 lbs
          CW: 215 lbs GW: 190 lbs

LThomas967
on 10/6/12 12:52 am
Yes stop drinking 30 mins before and wait for one hour after. Soup is sometimes my meal because of being on mushies.

LThomas967
on 10/6/12 12:55 am
Yes hoping that when I am on solid food that is protein dense I will be eating less and feeling fuller longer.
Rabrijumo
on 10/6/12 12:35 am - DC
RNY on 09/25/12 with
 my doc and dietician said soup was a no no due to the 30/30 rule. does your doc not restrict liquids 30 min before and after your meals?
 Rachael
http://rabrijumo.blogspot.com/    
Knowknews
on 10/6/12 1:24 am - OH
I was just going to post..... How do you eat soup when there is no liquids with a meal?  Is it on the list of things you can eat?

RNY 10/29/12   HW:  295   SW: 273    DGW: 170   MGW: 145

LThomas967
on 10/6/12 2:00 am
the soup was my meal (because of being on mushies). I think its going down too easily and I need something with more substance to keep me fuller longer.
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 489 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 550 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 533 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 238 views
Recent Topics