Starting Lean diet any suggestions?

lari12
on 10/9/12 1:45 am - CA
RNY on 10/23/12
My surgery is scheduled for 10/23 and i have 2weeks lean diet and 2 days liquid....my doctor didnt give to much of an outlined diet for the lean diet...im staying away from the donts but wondering what are the do's lol? all suggestions appreciated!!
poet_kelly
on 10/9/12 1:57 am - OH
I'm not sure exactly what a lean diet is and I have no idea about your doc's plan.  I suggest calling his office if you have questions.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

waiting_2_xhale
on 10/9/12 2:03 am - TX
First off Congrats on surgery date!!! I have an 10/23 surgery date as well.
1. begin 14 day diet before surgery date...2.replace all meals with a protein drink(consume 304 servings daily)...make sure to drink a total of 80 oz. of fluid per day...beginning now....3...in addition to protein drinks and water...you can drink crystal light...sf non carbonated beverages...sf gelatin...sf ice pops...decaf unsweet tea and coffee..can use artifical sweetener....broth or bouillon..chicken,beef,veg......4. may eat steamed or raw veggies at mealtime until 48 hours prior to surgery.....+6.don't forget your multivitmain-mineral supplement and calcium pills...as for veggies...artichokes...asparagus...beets...brussels sprouts...cabbage...carrots...cauliflower...celery....cucumbers....eggplant....green beans...mushrooms...okra...onions...peppers....radishes...spinah...leafy greens ...tomatoes...turnips ..summer squash and zucchini...you can add  broth/bouillon to cookedvrggies for flavor..also ...you can use seasonings such as lemon juice...vinegar...Mrs. Dash to add flavor...salads may be topped with low cal dressingsnsuch as spritzers or flavored vinegars must have less than 60 cal...no croutons,cheese,bacon,eggs,olives,etx,,,veggiees only...I opted to use Nature's best zero carb isopure powder as well as readdy to drink bottles. i started my preop diet today.now this is what i was provided by my doctor but all doctors have their own plans and may be different...Hope this helps you some....Good luck...every thing will work out just fne for you....
Rita

I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me Thank you Lord for giving me another day to live ♥. Another day to worship & praise you!
No Weapon formed against you shall prosper,And every tongue which rises against you in judgment ...You shall condemn...  
lari12
on 10/9/12 2:28 am - CA
RNY on 10/23/12
Thanks Rita!!! I'm writing it all down going to order some Unjury soup and going to go buy some protien shakes is there a brand you like better? How is it working for you while at work? I have most the other things already bought ....how exciting someone having surgery on the same day lol
BezoarGirl
on 10/9/12 2:44 am - WA
Lean diet for me was the following:

No soda reg or diet
No white flour, white rice, potatotes, or corn or pea. 
all veggies must be grown above the ground not in the ground
fruits- stay with berries they have least amount of sugar

What to eat-
Berries once a day
Fish broiled or baked or grilled
Beef
Chicken baked or broiled no breading
turkey broiled or baked
Water
Crystal light
unsweetened tea
SF popsicles
Greek Yougurt less than 6 grm of sugar
turkey sausage ok
eggs
Natural peanut butter only ( rest have too much sugar
Hummas
beans
salsa

I was also told not to have more than 6 grams of sugar in any meal.

RNY 8/29/12       5' 9" tall

garnetgal
on 10/9/12 2:44 am - Redwood City, CA
RNY on 04/02/12
I would definately call your doctor and ask for a detailed list of "approved foods". From my speculating a lean diet should still be protein forward, lean meats and beans with veggies and fruits after.

pwoo10
on 10/9/12 2:54 am - IN
RNY on 06/06/12
I would think lean diet would be to cut back or cut out all the crap.  We all know what those items are.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 232 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 270 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 108 views
Recent Topics