NSV-Lots of new clothes, didn't spend a dime!

CindyKae64
on 10/8/12 4:28 am
RNY on 05/22/12
I went to my daughter's this weekend to see my 11 month old granddaughter and my daughter started going through clothes she had packed away because they were too big for her, clothes that she bought before her pregnancy, she lost weight during pregnancy and has continued to lose it after she had the baby. Anyway everything she pulled out either fit great right now or were a "close" fit which means they should be perfect in a few weeks. Needless to say she gave me so many clothes and I am so grateful, did I mention that most of the clothes are 16's or XL (talking tops, shirts only). I started this journey in a 4x or 5x, I am completely amazed that I no longer will have to shop in the plus size department!!! I love my supportive family!!!

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It requires sacrifice. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT! (Author Unknown). I feel this sums up my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

pattymac65
on 10/8/12 4:40 am
 That's awesome!  Congrats!

nieceb
on 10/8/12 4:40 am - GA
 Good stuff and congradulations.

MY GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD, BELIEVE!!

pwoo10
on 10/8/12 5:22 am - IN
RNY on 06/06/12
Lucky you. I have 1 pair of pants that fit and all the others look like I pooped my pants.  I hope to find someone soon that is ready to clean out their closet or I will have to break down and buy some.  It's it nice to know that your daughter has clothes you will wear and can wear. 

april89love
on 10/8/12 5:44 am - NC
I love shopping in someone else's closet.!! It is great getting free clothes!!

Sandy

HW 225, SW 219, GW 140, CW 124

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!  

Sherry T.
on 10/8/12 5:46 am - GA
RNY on 05/22/12
Wow Cindy! You are doing awesome!!  I'm getting there but I've got to get focused on my exercise! I've been in the process of moving and getting my life in order so I really have done alot but nothing concentrated at the gym.  I'm back home at my Mom's and close to the city riverwalk so I've been there a few times but really need to go everyday!!  It seems like it's always something that's for sure! So, it's looking like rain but I have no excuse.  My Mom has a treadmill in the basement so I just need to get on it!! 

I always like to keep up with you since we had surgery the same day...I have a ways to go though to catch up! You've made a GREAT start!!  Just imagine our first year! I can't wait!! 

Just wanted to say Hello and give you a pat on the back!! 

Take care,

Sherry

Mendie Thompson
on 10/8/12 6:15 am - TX
RNY on 09/24/12
I was doing laundry a couple weeks ago and told my daughter that as I was folding some of her clothes, I was holding them up and saying "Wow, this will look good on me in a few months"...I told her I'm gonna shop in her closet...lol

Jen V.
on 10/8/12 7:45 am - Waterford Township, MI
RNY on 06/29/12

That is an awesome NSV!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 351 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 330 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 281 views
What's on your Monday Menu?