Question for the vets

Steve D.
on 10/10/12 7:19 am - MI
RNY on 11/05/12
 I had my EGD last Friday and they found a couple of ulcers, I was prescribed Pantaprazole. I called my surgeons office toask if I needed to reschedule my surgery and they told me they had scheduled a follow up EGD for October 31st, not quite 4 weeks after the diagnosis with a view to keeping my date on November 5th. 
My question is, will 4 weeks be enough to fix the ulcers? Has anyone else been 'cured' that quickly?

Thanks for your help.

tinamarie_125
on 10/10/12 9:27 am
Sadly, it took months for mine to heal. I also had a stricture (many) and I don't know if this played a role in the ulcer not healing. I think actually it was the ulcer that was not allowing the stricture to heal (for the opening to stay open after the EGD). I am on nexium, and will have to be for the rest of my life :( It did go away, but it was from February of this year until July. That may be a worst case scenario...I am not very knowledgable about ulcers.
Steve D.
on 10/10/12 11:51 am - MI
RNY on 11/05/12
Sorry to hear of your post surgical issues, hope things are better now. I am still pre-op and hoping for a speedy end to my ulcers so that I can go ahead with my scheduled RNY on November 5th.
avivaps
on 10/10/12 11:00 am
RNY on 02/28/12
Sounds like this is a pre-op ulcer.  4 weeks on medication should be enough time to heal...the repeat EGD will confirm this or not.

Hope all goes well, you could always delay your surgery if you're not comfortable, even if everything looks healed.

Andrea.

RNY February 2012

starting BMI 40

Steve D.
on 10/10/12 11:47 am - MI
RNY on 11/05/12
Yes it's pre-op. Thanks for the reply. I was considering delaying the surgery and actually asked the staff at the Bariatric center if I should, they said that my surgeon thinks I will be good to go. I did a little research on here and found most peope were ade to wait 6-8 weeks, hence my question.
If my surgeon is happy...I'm happy!!
Most Active
Recent Topics