Surgery over with

mpjones
on 10/12/12 9:05 am
I had surgery on Tuesday--I've been very fortunate--they were able to do it "lap" instead of open like they planned, no gas pains, no nausea, I was able to come home after 2 days not the 5 days they told me to expect I've had no problems except I havn't be getting all my liquids in and I HATE the taste of my crushed meds. That being said the water works have been in full production today--I can only liken it to the "three day baby blues" What's up with this--I should be celebrating my good good fortune and I've spent the day blubbering like a baby.
Wrapdiva
on 10/12/12 9:26 am - Auburn Hills, MI
RNY on 11/05/12
 Congratulations!!  You made it to the other side!!!  I'm sure hormones have a lot to do with the emotional aspect.  From what I hear, most people go through that phase.  So you are definitely normal!!  Keep your chin up.  You are strong, your body is strong & the more you can get your mind put into a positive place, the faster you will heal.  Now is your time to focus & keep your game face on!!  

"In order to ACHIEVE something different, you need to DO something different"

mpjones
on 10/13/12 2:05 am
On October 12, 2012 at 4:26 PM Pacific Time, Wrapdiva wrote:
 Congratulations!!  You made it to the other side!!!  I'm sure hormones have a lot to do with the emotional aspect.  From what I hear, most people go through that phase.  So you are definitely normal!!  Keep your chin up.  You are strong, your body is strong & the more you can get your mind put into a positive place, the faster you will heal.  Now is your time to focus & keep your game face on!!  
Oh good Lord--I'm staring 70 in the face--shouldn't all my hormones be used up by now-lol.Today is cold, drizzly and windy with leaves falling like crazy and to top it off DH has been playing sax music (Kenny G) all morning--which always puts me in a mood. I'm trying to be understanding of that because that's how he relaxes and he's been through a lot this week too.To get into a positive frame of mind I may have to close all the curtains, lock myself into the bedroom and play some good ole 50's rock and roll !!!!
kcarlson0814
on 10/12/12 11:58 am - CA
RNY on 09/10/12
The same thing happened to me, very emotional right out of surgery... I hear it's normal...   your doing great for 5 days... around 14 days you'll feel MUCH MUCH better.
HW: 300 / Lapband Low: 247 / RNY: 9/10/12          
mpjones
on 10/13/12 1:59 am
I can only say "from your mouth to God's ear"!!!! In my mind I KNOW it will get better but after all the good things happened with my surgery I really didn't expect to feel so blue. I'm AM glad to know I'm normal-lol !!
Kat Kat
on 10/12/12 6:25 pm - AZ

Hi Mp,

Awww, I'm sad to hear you're having a rough time right now my friend.   This is a huge change in your life because you just said good-bye to a familiar way of life, and permanently committed yourself to a new, and unfamiliar lifestyle.   Let’s face it, the old lifestyle affected so many of our systems such as, self image, how we cope with good and bad times, and touched deeply on the pleasure centers of our brains. Compound that with hormones gone awry, and it’s no wonder you’re experiencing emotional turmoil right now.   Rather than worry, it might be good to embrace this sadness with the understanding that it's okay to go through these feelings right now, and perhaps even cathartic. So cry away as you say good-bye to your old obese self, but listen to what might be causing this sadness because it might be a key to what you need to understand in order to liberate yourself for a future of success.   As far as crushed pills…. OMG NO! I had them crushed at the hospital for one day, but after that my vitamins and supplements were chewable, and my other meds went down fine.   Take Care and PM me if you need any support or to talk.   Hugs, Kat

mpjones
on 10/13/12 1:55 am
On October 13, 2012 at 1:25 AM Pacific Time, SexyKat wrote:

Hi Mp,

Awww, I'm sad to hear you're having a rough time right now my friend.   This is a huge change in your life because you just said good-bye to a familiar way of life, and permanently committed yourself to a new, and unfamiliar lifestyle.   Let’s face it, the old lifestyle affected so many of our systems such as, self image, how we cope with good and bad times, and touched deeply on the pleasure centers of our brains. Compound that with hormones gone awry, and it’s no wonder you’re experiencing emotional turmoil right now.   Rather than worry, it might be good to embrace this sadness with the understanding that it's okay to go through these feelings right now, and perhaps even cathartic. So cry away as you say good-bye to your old obese self, but listen to what might be causing this sadness because it might be a key to what you need to understand in order to liberate yourself for a future of success.   As far as crushed pills…. OMG NO! I had them crushed at the hospital for one day, but after that my vitamins and supplements were chewable, and my other meds went down fine.   Take Care and PM me if you need any support or to talk.   Hugs, Kat
Thanks Kat,
Don't be surprised if you hear from me REAL soon. You have been so inspiring to me !!!
Candy V.
on 10/13/12 1:36 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12
I can relate to the crushed meds- swallow them whole ASAP YUCK.  I am glad you are fairly pain free.  As far as the water works: (dont laugh to hard at what I am going to tell you, it will hurt)  I woke my husband up at 3 am about a week post op to have a pity party and cry on his shoulder because my life sucked and I wanted to eat and I was sad and........!!   YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!  I went the same direction with the water works, let it out, you'll feel better. 

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

mpjones
on 10/13/12 1:52 am
On October 13, 2012 at 8:36 AM Pacific Time, Candy V. wrote:
I can relate to the crushed meds- swallow them whole ASAP YUCK.  I am glad you are fairly pain free.  As far as the water works: (dont laugh to hard at what I am going to tell you, it will hurt)  I woke my husband up at 3 am about a week post op to have a pity party and cry on his shoulder because my life sucked and I wanted to eat and I was sad and........!!   YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!  I went the same direction with the water works, let it out, you'll feel better. 
I was so tempted to start swallowing my pills this morning but in great big letters on my discharge instructions it says "patients must crush their medicines for the first 2 weeks".It would be just my luck to try to swallow one of my bigger pills, get it stuck, have to go to the ER and then explain to my surgeon why I didn't have enough sense to folow the instructions--LOL !!.  My husband has chosen to sleep in the spare bedroom ,at least until I get my stitches out, and last night I was just too darn tired to get out of bed-patter down the hall--and wake him up to have my "party". Do pity parties count in the middle of the day???
Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 334 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 372 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 236 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 102 views
Recent Topics