6 more day

monika.lukasiuk
on 10/16/12 2:39 am - Port Royal, SC
RNY on 10/22/12
6 more days till my surgery...im am freeking out...im scared as hell...i dont know what to expect...im excited and im trying to look tarward to the future and the results but OMG.....this is killing me....after monday my life will mever be the same....its like starting all over again....on top of that im so stressed out my period this month is late 2 weeks but i took a test it was neg....which i do have a question do they give you pregnancy test the day of your surgery????
chickzero1
on 10/16/12 2:48 am - Bossier City, LA
 Yes, they tested me to be sure. Your pierod could be late because of the stress. Hang in there. Its going to be fine!

monika.lukasiuk
on 10/16/12 2:50 am - Port Royal, SC
RNY on 10/22/12
thats what all my friends are telling me that is cuz im stressing out...thank you....
molly3613
on 10/16/12 2:49 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13
I had a lap band when I was 63 and they did a pregnancy test. I argued not necessary but she still insisted. Said it was mandatory procedure. It was shockingly negative!!
monika.lukasiuk
on 10/16/12 2:52 am - Port Royal, SC
RNY on 10/22/12
lol thank you....how did you like the lap band??? one of my coworkers had it done and is not very happy with his results....
karenp8
on 10/16/12 3:04 am - Brighton, IL
You will be just fine. Everybody is nervous and scared before this or any kind of surgery. You are right your life will never be the same--it will be so much better! I had surgery 7 weeks ago and it was not nearly asbad as I expected. I had very little pain and have lost 38 pounds so far. I feel like a completely different person and no longer have a backache every night when I go to bed. I am on half the blood pressure medicine that I was before and hope to eventually come off all my meds for that. I am so glad I had this surgery done and wish I had done it sooner!
monika.lukasiuk
on 10/16/12 3:17 am - Port Royal, SC
RNY on 10/22/12
im very happy for you that you are doing so well are you able to excercise yet?wow 38 lbs....i bet you feel great congrats...hearing things like that makes me look farward to the future....keep up the great work!!!!
molly3613
on 10/16/12 3:22 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13
Well, in my now 65 years on this planet the lap band was the hands down worst investment I/we have ever made.  WLS was not an option on our insurance so we paid for it out of pocket and you might as well have run $13,000 through a shredder.  I lost 40 lbs and that was it. I could have done that on Weigh****chers for a lot less.  The post op follow up was a disaster.  They could not decide if I should eat 450 calories a day or 900 - no agreement between nutritionist and dietitian.  Just a mess so I finally slowly gave up.  I waited 3 years till Medicare kicked in and WLS is covered on that so I opted for the bypass.  I have not had the surgery yet - expecting a date either the end of Nov. or the first of Dec.  I am in the final month of the 3 month Weight Management Program although it was not a requirement.  They want proof you have tried unsuccessfully to lose weight and my Op Report and Lap Band results certainly proved that.  I too am petrified.  Some days I cry lots but try to get that done before hubby gets home as it is so distressing to him.  He had open heart 3 years ago and considers this just a band aid surgery (or steri strip surgery)  considering what he went through.  I snarl at him and he poo pooes me and we pffft! and sweep it under the rug. I don't know how bad it will be but some things are sure going to change around here for him.  In his defense he has gone to two surgeon orientations and all support group meetings with me.  He is very supportive and wants it done - just no crying!  Then he rips open his shirt and displays his huge scar from throat to belly button and I admit I do feel lots better.  I would never recommend lap band to anyone.  I chose it because both my next door neighbors are doctors (he chief of staff of Radiology at St. Lukes/Texas Heart Iinstitute for 35 years she a surgical nurse and had assisted in both lap band and RNY surgeries) They advised lap band as it was so safe with no complications.  They failed to mention it does not work in 70% of the cases so my surgeon says.  By pass is the final option for me as Medicare pays for ONE surgery.  So I will give it my all.

Good luck to you and keep in touch so we will know how you are doing. 

molly3613
on 10/16/12 3:36 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13
OK I approved that request but you are the first.  So I don't know how to handle it.  If I ignore you forgive me.  Hope OH makes it obvious.  Email is my thing.

monika.lukasiuk
on 10/16/12 4:37 am - Port Royal, SC
RNY on 10/22/12
its ok as long as we have a way to keep in touch we will make it work.
Most Active
Recent Topics