YIPEE!!!

Laurie A.
on 10/22/12 2:28 am
RNY on 08/21/12
I am so excited to say I AM HALF WAY THERE!!!! I weigh in weekly at my PCP office and today I officially made it past the half way mark!! I cannot believe it. I am two months out as of yesterday, and I lost about 20 lbs pre-surgery (I still count it though since it was weight loss!). I am learning different things I can and cannot eat (I do not do well with reheated meats -  think it dries them out too much they get stuck and I throw up), and have found a few treats that I can tolerate. I also found out I am a dumper with foods that are higher in fat (like peanut butter), but I was hoping I would be a dumper to help keep me on track.

So far, I have not had any regrets.

One question though, I have a hard time with my calcium pills because they are so big. I break them in half, but they quite often feel to still get stuck. Is this going to always be a problem for me, or will they eventually go down better? I have some BA chewables, but they are so nasty, I have a hard time taking those too.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. The Dr office said to break anything larger than an aspirin.
The Lord will not give me more than I can handle! Through Him, all things are possible!!        
Robin R.
on 10/22/12 2:31 am - PA
RNY on 10/12/12
i dont like the BA iron so i get the orange Celebrate. but i have to take 2 a night, but they're actually really good to me. i don't have to just choke em down n deal with it. iron is fav vitamin of the day lol that brand has vitamin C in it too so that's always good :)

weaverwoman
on 10/22/12 2:38 am - TX
BA has a soft calcium chew in different flavors (kind of like a caramel or taffy candy) that is MUCH better than the dry chewable calcium tablets. 

Congrats on being halfway!
Candy V.
on 10/22/12 2:38 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12
I also got some BA chewables.  They are huge and chalky.  I crush them up and add to my protein shake.  Hope that helps.  Calcet creamy bites are yummy and I have one a day as a treat. 
Congrats on your weight loss!!

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Laurie A.
on 10/22/12 2:48 am
RNY on 08/21/12
Thanks everyone!
The Lord will not give me more than I can handle! Through Him, all things are possible!!        
Friendlybyte
on 10/22/12 3:47 am - Greeley, CO
RNY on 08/28/12
 Congrats on your success!!  Keep up the great work!!  I myself buy GNC's be-Balanced  soft chews I love the dulce de leche flavor! Yummy like candy!! LOL

Most Active
Recent Topics