STARBUCKS COFFEE

kzvtiki06
on 10/22/12 7:52 am - San Juan, TX

Ok i need some help... Im a coffee drinker one a day mostly not much but i dont mind a White Chocolate Hot Moca from Starbucks or a Hot Caramel Moca from McDonalds every once in a while. Now i want to know, Can we still drink this after the surgery? I know i wont be able to have any decaf coffee till after 2/3 months and i may not even be able to consume it after the surgery but im still wondering how can i take my coffee.

If yes, what specific ingrediants would i have to tell the Barista to make it with? I have been going to a support group for like a year but im not scheduled to have my surgery until this coming Nov. 8th but some patients have told me that they still drink coffee and or go to starbucks for coffee.

Anyone have any ideas? Or am I going to have CONDEMN Coffee after surgery?

Thanks
Mary Escalona

MAXALBRIANACATE
on 10/22/12 7:55 am - WI
I am 6 months out and around 3months out I started drinking Sugar Free Fat Free Caramel Fraps from Starbucks.
Sonogrrl
on 10/22/12 8:11 am
RNY on 05/22/12
Unless I NEED the caffeine, I get a decaf so it adds to my daily water intake. I usually get an iced decaf sugar-free vanilla latte w/1% milk.
RNY 5/22/12      27.5.bs lost pre-op      
NevillesMom
on 10/22/12 8:21 am - MA
At Starbucks I usually get- Grande Soy Latte w/ 1 pump suga free vanilla and 1 pump sugar free hazelnut- YUMMY.  You can also use fat free milk but I like the soy- it gives it more of a creamy texture.  Ask for sugar free syrups. 

You should check out Bariatric Foodie.  I make my own Sugar Free Salted Caramel Mocha Coffe several times a week. 

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 10/22/12 8:27 am
RNY on 09/17/12
I am 5wks out and drink coffee.  When I go to Starbucks (which isn't very often) I get a decaf, nonfat, sugar free cinnamon dolce with a squirt of sugar free vanilla no whip....they laugh at me but I don't care lol.  I get it hot or iced and add a couple of packets of sweet n low.  I will tell you a little secret about caffeine....caffeinated tea out somewhere doesn't bother me because I rarely drink it but caffeinated coffee gives me diarrhea.  Decaf....no problem.  So, yes, you will be able to have your coffee just in a different version.  Anywhere you go, just ask for decaf and sugar free syrups...that's the main thing. 

Shannon
HW: 260 SW: 254 DOS:227 CW: 175   27lbs lost before surgery

Lori320
on 10/22/12 8:46 am
I drink a Grande Skinny Caramel Mocha, has 130 calories and 13 grams of protein. I make sure I do not use this towards my daily fluid intake.

Lori
Highest Weight 403

xtine
on 10/22/12 9:06 am - San Jose, CA
I usually order 1-2 shots of espresso in a cup filled with ice, and then I put splenda and nonfat milk (sometimes a small squirt of half and half as well... not much though as it is pretty fattening). Sometimes a dash of their powdered chocolate or cinnamon.

HW: 295 / SW: 273 / CW: 169.4 / GW: 140 / Dream Goal: 120
Height: 5'3.5"  -  *22lbs of my weightloss was lost pre-surgery.

SoCaPinkLady
on 10/22/12 9:19 am - CA
RNY on 06/11/12
At a little over 4 months out from surgery I just started liking the flavor of coffee again. I could not tolerate it after surgery and it had been an important part of my life for so long. I normally drink my coffee black with no sugar.  I had a Starbucks Peppermint Mocca Skinny yesterday and it was tasty.

Don't be suprised if after surgery your taste change. I couldn't even tolerate the smell of coffee for several months.

Lori                               

Bellaluna468
on 10/22/12 9:48 am
RNY on 10/26/12
 I order the Decaf, Skinny Vanilla Lattee from Starbucks.  It is made with skim milk, and SF vanilla.

You can ask what SF flavors they have and add to any latte.  Soy isn't free anymore, but can be used in place of other milks.

manda2108
on 10/22/12 10:01 am
I order nonfat/sugar free iced or hot lattes from my local coffee place..it runs 80-110(depending on size) calories and the only sugar it has in it is from the milk(I dump..though I'm not really sure exactly how many grams of sugar I dump from). As long as I have room for it in my calorie allowance for the day I have no guilt in this pleasure :) 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 370 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 286 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 181 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 312 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?