Getting started in the SWL process

Poppygail
on 10/22/12 8:02 am - Florence, KY
RNY on 03/06/13
Hey guys, as you can tell I am new to the site and the SWL process and I wanted to introduce myself. I am 52 years old, married, have 2 children and a wonderful granddaughter. Like most of you I have struggled with weight issues throughout most of my childhood and all of my adult life. My weight has yo-yoed so much I have gotten dizzy at times. Unfortunately I have also developed most of the comorbidities associated with obesity, including Barrett's Esophagus. Even this did not convince me to get serious about my weight and health. Recently I had a serious health scare, thankfully all the tests returned normal but it's only a matter of time til they won't. I already had an appointment to attend a SWL orientation meeting. This scare only served to make me more determined to make this appointment and take control of my health. The seminar went extremely well and I have since met with my surgeon. We have tentatively agreed upon the RNY. I have an appoint with the APRN this week to start my 3 month diet trial and an appointment for my psych. eval. I am truly excited to get this process started. I am also very pleased to have found such a welcoming place with such helpful & friendly people with so much experience and information as I have here at Obesityhelp.com. Thank you for being here and lending an ear. Sorry for the long, droning intro.

Poppygail   

Mendie Thompson
on 10/22/12 12:23 pm - TX
RNY on 09/24/12
 Welcome!  And good luck on your journey!  You will not regret your decision when it's all said and done.  And when you are at surgery time, we will all scoot over to make room for you on the losers bench 

lumina99
on 10/22/12 1:28 pm - ME
 Good luck to you, I am in the beginning stages too. We can walk this walk together!!!
garnetgal
on 10/22/12 1:36 pm - Redwood City, CA
RNY on 04/02/12
Welcome to the site and good luck on your journey!

Poppygail
on 10/22/12 8:28 pm - Florence, KY
RNY on 03/06/13
Thanks guys, your support means alot to me. Although I've done a lot of research everything is still very new and slightly confusing. lumina99, congrats on getting started in the process and I think going through the process together is very comforting. Again, thank you for your support.

Poppygail