Labs question

Laurie A.
on 10/23/12 10:01 am
RNY on 08/21/12
Pre-op, my protein was 7.4. I am currently at 6.7 (8 weeks out) with an albumin of 3.6 (I was 4.5). Even though these are still "normal" should I be amping up my protein? I average 60-100 gms/daily, depending on how many shakes I do, maybe 1 time a week I might only get 40 gm.

Also my Vit D is at 103, I had been taking 10,000 a day sublingual, but cut that back this week to 6,000. (I as at 28 pre-op and was taking 4000 daily). Anyone know what a good dose to adjust to would be?

Thanks!
The Lord will not give me more than I can handle! Through Him, all things are possible!!        
poet_kelly
on 10/23/12 10:49 am - OH
Yeah, I would up the protein.  Or at least aim to get closer to 100 grams every day.  Ideally your protein would be at least 7.0 and your albumin at least 4.0.

103 is pretty much perfect for a vitamin D level, so personally I would keep doing what you've been doing.  Plus, most post ops need at least 10,000 IU D3 a day to maintain a good level.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Laurie A.
on 10/23/12 11:01 am
RNY on 08/21/12
Thanks for the quick reply Kelly! Have a good evening.
The Lord will not give me more than I can handle! Through Him, all things are possible!!        
Most Active
Recent Topics