Surgery Monday-home Wednesday

Knowknews
on 10/31/12 9:01 am - OH

Hi, I'm home early!!  It was surprisingly easy.  Everything went very well.  No hanging out in the OR just straight to business.  I didn't have time to worry.  My doctor (what an angel) came in to talk to me and then to the hubby and son.  Then he got tired of waiting for me to be taken down and he and OR staff came and got me.  LOL they were running into the walls with my bed and not making the corners.  It was hilarious. 

I want to tell you all.... walk, sip, walk, sip, walk, sip was such GOOD ADVICE.  I was walking quite clumsy and with assistance but nonetheless walking the evening of surgery.  Then again later around midnight.  I walked so much.  There was a guy that mentioned to the nurse about the lady walking in the hall was doing it very well.  He only went out once.  No one else was out walking.  Nurse said I was her number one walker.  They were all totally awesome.  The doctor liked what he saw and sent me home today.  And you better believe it whenever I walked I told everyone, "I'm Walking"  You know they were more than happy to encourage me.  I didn't have anyone there from my family after Hubby and son left.  So I found my own cheerleading section. 

So keep giving great advice OH family. I would like to say to those having surgery.  Walk, walk, walk, walk, walk.  How much better I felt over the some of the others that didn't want to walk.  Thank you all so much.  Reading all the posts prepared me for the surgery and you encouragement helped a lot too. 

Still have a drain that will come out on my one-week visit.  I am sleepy so I will go back and lay down, just had to let you all know.

RNY 10/29/12   HW:  295   SW: 273    DGW: 170   MGW: 145

Sherrie P.
on 10/31/12 9:19 am
RNY on 02/06/13

Glad all is well!  Good luck with your recovery.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Ann M.
on 10/31/12 9:25 am - Salisbury, NC
VSG on 11/21/12

I'm so glad to hear that you are doing so great! I try so hard to walk but hip hurts so bad. But I try to walk 10 mins or more a day. How much walking do you do each day? The docs office in Vegas told me today they use percadan or something for pain I've only ever had Hydrocodone ir Morphine so maybe I can walk with that stuff in me. LOL

My surgery is a week from today. I will stay overnight than return to the hotel if all goes well. They're doing laparoscopic GBP on me.  What exactly did they do to you?

Knowknews
on 11/1/12 10:23 am - OH

Mine was lap.  I have a drain tube; however, one doctor at the same hospital doesn't use a drain tube. 

Angela_Italiana
on 10/31/12 10:16 am - CA
RNY on 03/04/13

Glad everything went well, and great job on all the walking! I want to try and remember this when I have my surgery. When I come out the other side I want to hit the ground running... or walking for that matter :) 

I cant wait to hear about all of you success 

Knowknews
on 11/1/12 10:26 am - OH

Thank you.  I couldn't see going through all that I have gone through, and not walking.  I walked for half-hour today.  Hubby is great for walking with me.  It was WONDERFUL to finally have a real shower also.  None of this washing up stuff. 

Bellaluna468
on 10/31/12 10:22 am
RNY on 10/26/12
Great job on the walking and coming home. You will feel better each day.

GoldiesGirl
on 10/31/12 10:01 pm

Glad to hear you're doing so well.  Welcome to the loser's bench!

Knowknews
on 11/1/12 10:28 am - OH

Thanks.  I couldn't be happier with this decision. 

gek9742000
on 11/1/12 11:29 am
RNY on 10/29/12

I had my surgery Monday also and came home yesterday.  The worst is behind me because I feel a bit better today - bee passing gas that was causing terrible pains.  My surgery was two hours and he said everything went great (I had a lapband to bypass revision).  I am really sore on my left side where my port was from the lapband.  I would like to skip the next week to get over this gas and soreness.