3 WEEKS LATER

monika.lukasiuk
on 11/13/12 8:38 pm - Port Royal, SC
RNY on 10/22/12

I HAD MY SURGERY 3 WEEKS AGO...IM DOWN 35 LBS....IM VERY HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS SO FAR BUT IM JUST SO TIRED I HAVE NO ENERGY....IM TAKING ALL MY VITAMINS...IM EATING 4 TIMES A DAY AND IM DRINKING FLUIDS....WHAT ELSE CAN I DO TO GAIN MORE ENERGY???? IM FEELING SO BLAH..... 

Kellysnewlife
on 11/13/12 8:54 pm - LA
RNY on 08/15/12

Congratulations on your success so far.  Remember you just had major surgery.  Give yourself permission to feel a little tired.  Your body is doing a lot of work healing and coping with your reduced calorie intake.  Be kind to yourself.  Keep up the good work with lots of fluids and gentle exercise.

Carol S.
on 11/13/12 11:05 pm - Milwaukee, WI

I just had a very minor outpatient hernia repair.  I talked to the nurse about a week and a half ago and she said it takes six weeks to heal from that.  Now think about that.  My surgery was out patient and I was off the narcotics on day three and running and working out by week 3 but I still feel a little run down some days.  It will be 5 weeks this Friday.

You just had your gut rerouted-it's going to take you at least six weeks to feel your energy come back, and that is low balling it.

Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

StephWantsToSki
on 11/14/12 1:18 am - CO
RNY on 09/28/12 with

I struggle with energy level too.  I am nowhere near the energy level I had before the surgery.  I will be 7 weeks this Friday.  My lab work is all normal except I am low on TBIC (iron binding blah, blah).  I guess just stick to the program and hope it gets better?

“Seldom do well behaved women make history? 
Photography interests:  www.peculiarfocus.com
Most Active
Recent Topics