The one thing I could do without...(ladies topic)

Laurie A.
on 11/14/12 1:37 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I have never (in the past 2.5 months) regretted having surgery, however the one thing I did not consider is that I am now getting my period again. I had an IUD put in 3 years ago and haven't had a period since. Oh boy did I get a shock this am!! Oh well. Hopefully this means I will be able to get pregnant when I am ready instead of dealing with infertility!

The Lord will not give me more than I can handle! Through Him, all things are possible!!        
Amanda M.
on 11/14/12 1:58 pm
RNY on 01/18/13
I have PCOS, so I never get a period. I use birth control for a month every so often to bring it on. I just finished my first cycle in 8 months. I DREAD knowing I will be getting a period post op. I know it's for the best though...ugh.

But you want to get pregnant, so this is awesome for you! I had a tubal, so periods are nothing but mess and pain to me! Lol.
hernackner
on 11/14/12 9:24 pm - MA

At least you got a break from having it.  I woke up in the hospital the day I was leaving with it! 

LucysJourney
on 11/15/12 4:42 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

I am 51 and haven't had my period in over a year and a half.  week 2 into my pre-op diet after dropping 5 lbs...boom...there is was...so..now I have to restock my bathroom with those necessities again...wow..I really thought I was done...Oh well.

Laurie A.
on 11/15/12 7:06 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Spoke with the gyn this am, probably PCOS is resolving...yipee!! IUD to come out in a few weeks and on to regular birth control (non-oral of course). At least I'm not the only one "blessed" with a surprise. lol

The Lord will not give me more than I can handle! Through Him, all things are possible!!        
Shannon A.
on 11/15/12 8:46 am - Toledo, OH
RNY on 10/16/12 with

I am having my second period in a month...I just finished my period about a week ago and I started again today....I have implanon and hadnt had a period in 11 months 4 weeks post op and I am having my second cycle...ugh.

Skinnygirlme
on 11/17/12 12:38 am - UT
RNY on 09/05/12

I've had my second iud for 3 years now. So happy to have had very light to no period, then after surgery 2.5 mo ago it came back. I have had increased bleeding lately too. I'm going to check into that, but I was prepared for it to come back because of OH. 

I believe in me...the best is yet to be!                        
cutekatie
on 11/17/12 2:36 am
RNY on 05/16/12

I totally agree. It sucks!

I have PCOS and although I've never NOT had a period I used to have 50-70 day cycles which was awesome.  After having my son I went on a 30-35 day cycle which I've been tolerating.  Now that I have lost weight I get a period every 26-28 days.  It sucks!

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232