Labs.... think I'm missing something...

Alicia F.
on 11/14/12 10:57 pm
RNY on 04/16/12

I dont think they ran a complete panel on me and just did a CBC, I may be wrong.  But I go to the docs tomorrow

Here's my numbers:

WBC – 7.2

RBC – 4.48

Hemoglobin – 14

Hematocrit – 41.6

MCV – 93

MCH – 31.3

MCHC – 33.7

RDW – 13.3

Platelets – 298

Neutrophils – 49

Lymphs – 42

Monocytes – 7

Eos – 2

Basos – 0

Neutrophils (absolute) – 3.5

Lymphs (absolute) – 3.0

Monocytes (absolute) - .5

Eos (absolute) - .1

Baso (absolute) – 0

Immature Granulocytes – 0

Immature Grans – 0

Vitamin B12  -  454

Folate – 6.8

Vitamin B1 – didn’t get that back yet

Albumin – 4.2

Iron – 48

I'm missing my protein and looks to be some others..... Am I right or am I wrong?  This is only the 2nd time I've gone to see docs for follow up since I'm only 7 months out.

poet_kelly
on 11/14/12 11:00 pm - OH

They did more than just a CBC because they did a few vitamins, but they sure didn't do a complete set.

You're missing a CMP (which would include your total protein and a bunch of other stuff), vitamin D (25-hydroxy), vitamin A, ferritin, zinc, copper, prealbumin, magnesium and phosphorus.  Also vitamin K, vitamin E and selenium if you want those (not everyone does them).

Your B12 is low, by the way.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Alicia F.
on 11/14/12 11:03 pm
RNY on 04/16/12

Thanks Kelly - so what do I need to do? Call them and ask or address it tomorrow morning?

poet_kelly
on 11/15/12 12:39 am - OH

Either way.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Dave Chambers
on 11/14/12 11:51 pm - Mira Loma, CA

BTW, your B12 is too low.  Kelly has posted minimal labs needed for post ops on several occasions. Likely her link will provide the list.  If your D is below 40, I'd highly recommend the 50K IU dry D3--I take these from vitalady.com .  Low D levels will prevent your calcium from being properly absorbed. Target D levels are 80-90.  It took me multiple times of increased dosages to reach the target range, even with these higher dosage dry D3.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Most Active
Recent Topics