I'm failing already

jacki_reed346
on 11/14/12 12:18 pm - TN

I have been embarrassed to even get on here.  I am 11 months post-op.  I am 67 lbs. down.  I have gone from 220 to 155.  I was at 153 last week.  I know that 2 lbs. isn't the end of the world however I haven't been the post-op patient that I should be.  I haven't exercised regularly in the last 2 months.  I've been eating like I'm preparing to hibernate AND.....night snacking is like CRACK.

HAS ANYONE ELSE FOUND THEMSELVES IN THE SLUMP AND GOTTEN THEMSELVES OUT BEFORE DOING ANY REAL DAMAGE?

I could use some encouraging words.

mslrb2000
on 11/14/12 1:25 pm

don't give up... everyday is a battle for me some days are worse than others. we have to make up in our minds that the struggle is worth it.. that we are worth it. you speaking your truth is a huge step towards winning the fight!! Be Encouraged!!

Dave Chambers
on 11/14/12 1:53 pm - Mira Loma, CA

It might be better to have 3-4 oz portion sized meals 5-6 times daily instead of trying 3 meals. Some post ops do not feel like eating, and then overeat at the wrong time of day.  If you fuel your body every 2 hours, you may find yourself doing better.  At your 220 starting point, you're considered a light weight, and you can't expect to have much more wt loss than you've attained already.  Try to exercise 4-5 times a week for 30 minutes--this is far better than not exercising.  If you're going to eat anything at night, eat protein.  It takes more calories to burn the protein than it does eating the less healthy carb heavy foods.  You can still do maintenance at this point, and possibly lose a litte more wt.  You'll likely find a lot of tips or other helpful info at a local support group. I learn something new at every support group I attend. DAVE 

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Kallen27
on 11/14/12 8:33 pm

I am also 11 months and make good and bad choices daily. I try to drink water as much as possible and eat every 2-3 hours. When I get hungry I tend to make the wrong choices. I try to remember this is the the honeymoon period and I need to take advantage of it! I also track my protein and calories on myfitnesspal. Don't give up!!!

Christopher S.
on 11/14/12 8:49 pm - Medina, NY
RNY on 01/24/12

Just shy of 10 months, here. Still losing but struggling with bad food choices everyday. Warm SF liquids help me get over "I need junk food" binges. My pouch likes coffee so splenda and 2 oz milk beat chips,crackers or other junk. My only other big "slippery slope" is drive-thru junk. I am just staying away from all of it for now. Very hard to not grab stuff like french fries when kids eat there. 

Weight Loss Ticker

Christopher

Mal
on 11/14/12 8:51 pm

I had a re-gain at 1 yr postop of 20 lbs and it wasn't until I had to buy bigger clothes that I realized that I was going down THAT path again.  I got serious, cut out the crap that I started eating again, ate more often and began exercising again and the scale started in the right direction again.  Since then, I have lost an additional 95 lbs, went from a 16 (at 1 year post-op which I was THRILLED with) to a 4.  Now at nearly 3 years post-op, my muscles have gotten really defined and I am building more muscle daily (I don't workout anymore, my 8 hour day at my job is very physical).  I am hoping that more of my loose skin will dissipate and look even better than it did last year when I was able to wear my first two piece bathing suit ever.  

Success is possible but it must come from within.  Decide what you really want your life to look like and change it permanently.  YOU CAN DO IT!

Mallisa

Signer_
on 11/15/12 1:17 am

Mallisa,

Can you please tell me how you did that.  I am 4.5 year out and need to lose 50 pounds.  I walk everyday for 1 hour.  What kinds of foods did you eat?  Did you eat fruit.  Do I need to eat more than 3 times a day and 1 snack?  I an serious about losing this extra weight, but need some guidance.  I am 56 years old and wonder if I am too old to still lose.

Thanks, Karen

Angs_Happily-Ever-Afte
r

on 11/14/12 10:55 pm

I am in a slump also!  I am a little over 7 months & already starting to eat stuff that I shouldn't...Such as Pumpkin Seed Tortilla Chips, Popcorn & lots of sugar free fudge pops.  Instead of grabbing something that's healthy for me, I have started grabbing what I call lazy foods.  Something that I can grab & go.  It scares me that I can eat much more than what I was, just a month ago.  I've gain back 3 lbs...Ugh!  I also can't seem to get back into exercising.  I haven't exercised in about 2 months.  I keep telling myself that I need to, but I let other things get in the way of me doing it.  I have to get motivated!  I am very frustrated with myself & hope that I get back on track soon. 

My Story Begins Today! (3/25/12)
Angs_Happily-Ever-After

jacki_reed346
on 11/14/12 11:06 pm - TN

It makes me a feel better (although it shouldn't) that others have had the same issues.  Part of me wishes I could go back and do it all over again and then NOT test my limits but I digress.  I appreciate you sharing your slump with me and hope that we can find the motivation to get off our butts and move.  I am one of those people that once I get going, I'm good.....but it's getting me going that is the problem.....LOL.

Good Luck and thanks again for sharing.  We are so close to our goals....LET'S DO THIS!!!

Angs_Happily-Ever-Afte
r

on 11/15/12 12:28 am

Yes! We can do this!  I've already made up my mind that nothing is going to stop me from exercising this evening!  Gotta get moving! :)  I should probably jump up and exercise every time I think about eating something I shouldn't. :) 

My Story Begins Today! (3/25/12)
Angs_Happily-Ever-After

Most Active
Recent Topics