? about Sharp pain and sick pouch

Knowknews
on 11/19/12 11:54 am - OH

I have to ask, I have a sharp pain when I bend over at the waist.  I was told that if there is a sharp pain its the scar tissue ripped/ing.  Now- is it supposed to happen?  If so, how long will it hurt? 

Also:  I have days where I am so sick to my pouch.  In fact, it got so bad that I actually threw up for about 10 minutes Saturday.  Of course it was dry heaves, but still.  Now I was told that it was probably because I took my vitamins without eating enough.  I thought it was because I wasn't drinking enough.  One day when it happened, I was trying to figure what I ate to make me sick, I hadn't eaten much BUT I also hadn't drank much either. Maybe 20 oz.  Do you get sick to your pouch if you don't drink enough? 

I called the hosp, they gave me a nurse to talk to and she told me this stuff. 

RNY 10/29/12   HW:  295   SW: 273    DGW: 170   MGW: 145

SoCaPinkLady
on 11/19/12 12:19 pm, edited 11/19/12 12:19 pm - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

I had a real sharp pain on my left side several weeks after my surgery. It would hurt to bend over, sit down, stand up.....I was told it was normal. It only lasted about a week then went away as quickly as it came.

Lori                               

Knowknews
on 11/19/12 12:24 pm - OH

OK yeah, it's a new thing.  Thanks.  Hears to next week!!!  LOL

GoldiesGirl
on 11/19/12 8:55 pm

I had a sharp pain in my side that would present when I was first going to sit up/stand up--like when my stomach muscles needed to take over holding my body up.  My PCP said it was probably related to an old hematoma/bruise/injury I had in the area and how it was disrupted when I had my surgery.  Like others have said, it just went away.

As for having nauseous days, I seem to recall there being a time from about 1 month post op to 3 or 4 months post op where I'd be cruising along, enjoying life, then I'd have an off day where nothing I did seemed to make the pouch happy.  This really bothered me because I'd feel "healed" but then get this harsh reminder that things will never be the same.  I think I determined it was linked to water intake.  Seemed like everything back then that made you feel crummy was because of lack of fluids, LOL!

Hang in there.  The good news is that the issues you're having seem pretty standard fare.

Knowknews
on 11/20/12 12:01 am - OH

TY I got up this morning ok, tried to eat yogurt and about 4 spoons in, I felt bloated. Wanted to barf.  Felt like "will it ever end?"

Most Active