Of all places....Disney!!

JenK130
on 11/21/12 2:24 am
RNY on 01/30/12

I have been stalled at about 162 for a couple of months.  Just got back from a 5 day trip to Disney and was 158!  Tons of walking to thank for that.

The trip was such an experience.  The last time I was there was 2008 when I was probably at my highest weight.  I felt like a new person and saw everything through a new set of eyes.  The plane ride was not uncomfortable.  There were no worries of fitting on rides.  And most important (and this does bring tears to my eyes) I did not get a pit in my stomach at the thought of being in pictures!  I was happy and proud to pose with my daughter.  I hated being in pictures and hated looking at pictures of myself even more.  Pictures were always the reality check as to how big I really was. 

Eating was easy.  I tried everything.  But the difference between now and then is that 1 bite of a cupcake or dole whip or whatever it was satisfied me.  I tried it, savored the bite and put my fork down.  Life has changed so much.  But it is so good. 

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.  Enjoy your bites and tastes and then put your fork down and of course get in some pictures with your loved ones!!

I put a picture on my profile of Disney now and then.

Jen

RNY 1/30/12  

Jilly Bean
on 11/21/12 2:25 am - IN
RNY on 07/09/12

We went last month.  I, too, lost 5 pounds in a week from walking.  It was great!

Surgery weight:  232 lbs. / Goal: 145 lbs. Height:  5'5"     Fat? Ain't nobody got time for that.

Allison P.
on 11/21/12 2:26 am - Santa Cruz, CA

Great post for someone 8! Daysbpost

Jewelsstevens
on 11/21/12 3:12 am - Crandall, TX
RNY on 09/18/12

You look GREAT!

MyLady Heidi
on 11/21/12 3:17 am

Congrats!  I did Disney every year while my son was growing up, fat and miserable, my feet would kill me as would my back but I couldn't complain or say anything as my normal weight ex-husband would of had some **** to say.  So I suffered in silence.  After I had wls (I was already divorced by then) I took my son for one last visit when he was 16 and it was soooooo much better, one my ex was missing and so was my painful fat.  I have more pics of me from that trip then I do of all the other 15 combined.  I always took the pics never was in any ever.

Enjoy the new you.

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 11/21/12 7:35 am
RNY on 01/10/12

I always said that when I lost 100 pounds we'd do a BIG Disney trip, and get hundreds of Photopass pictures taken.  Unfortunately, it's totally not in the budget now.

My niece is a Photopass photographer in the Magic Kingdom.  She works with the princesses a lot, and has been shooting Santa lately. She's coming for a visit in a couple of weeks, and is going to do a family portrait session for us while she's here!

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

Megan K.
on 11/21/12 8:12 am
RNY on 02/18/13

Congratulations!!!!

Thank you for sharing your experience.  It gives me hope for our next trip to Disney.

SoCaPinkLady
on 11/21/12 9:13 pm - CA
RNY on 06/11/12

WOW you have done a great job!!!  The difference is amazing.

Lori                               

Most Active
Recent Topics