Any advice is much appreciated

LThomas967
on 11/25/12 12:47 am

I had a complete hysterectomy 13 months ago, followed by a revision (lapband to bypass) 10 weeks ago. I am exercising 4 days a week at the gym and eating good. I have to be honest and say I need to increase my water intake, but am following the rules. With this being said I am struggling for every pound that I lose and only 10 1/2 weeks out. My ob/gyn has mentioned taking hormone replacement to help with the hot flashes, etc... Do you think my hormones are playing a role in my weight loss being so slow? Also, I noticed when I exercise, I retain water and the scale won't budge, if I skip the gym for one day my weight will go down (slightly). I know this doesn't make sense, what the heck is wrong here??

Mendie Thompson
on 11/25/12 1:28 am - TX
RNY on 09/24/12

I'm sure there are several factors, and others can offer more advice, but you said you need to increase your water...the better you get at drinking your water, the better your body will get at releasing it.  Sip, sip, sip.  Keep a water bottle with you wherever you go. I carry one with me everywhere.  Also, check your salt intake.  Make sure the foods you are eating aren't loaded with sodium.  Good luck!

LThomas967
on 11/25/12 3:34 am

Thanks!

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 11/25/12 1:42 am, edited 11/25/12 9:42 am - OH
Having a drop in hormone levels from a hysterectomy is likely offset by the INCREASE in hormones because of the surgery, so I doubt that the hysterectomy is playing a significant role. The word is that revisions lose more slowly than others. I am not sure why, but almost all revisions talk about that (perhaps because they start at lighter weights than most people who do RNY in the first place).

Just keep doing what you are doing.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

LThomas967
on 11/25/12 3:37 am

Thank you!

BezoarGirl
on 11/25/12 2:30 am - WA

Are you getting enough protein and your vitamins in?

RNY 8/29/12       5' 9" tall

LThomas967
on 11/25/12 3:38 am

I need to concentrate better with my water intake. I take all of my vitamins faithfully each day.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 490 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 537 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 30 replies · 249 views
Recent Topics