Two weeks post-op on inital surgery...1 week post on on 2nd surgery!

justme2012
on 11/24/12 8:02 am - FL

Well, my initial LAP RNY was on Nov 8th.  Everything went well, just sore for the first 4 days, but days 5-7 were good...getting my fluids in and my pureed food in fine.  Day, 8---mid day, started having problems with swallowing liquids....any kind....call my Sergeant and he had me meet him at the ER....took me in for a swallow test and ct scan....he didn't see anything on the results, but drinking the stuff went they were doing the xray swallow test, I thought I was going to pass out from the pain.  

Sergeant decided he needed to go in and make sure there was no leak....even though they didn't see anything on the tests, he said it was textbook signs of a leak.  So....10:10 p.m. Friday night, 11/16 I was back in surgery.  Next thing I know it is 3:15 a.m. and I'm waking up in my hospital room.  I was told that he didn't find a leak, but he did put back in a JP Drain and this time he put in a feeding tube.

I had to be on only ice chips for the next day and a half...then they decided to do some tube feedings....I tell you that feeding tube hurts worse than anything.  They sent me home on Wednesday, the day b/4 thanksgiving.  He told me to try to get my liquids and proteins in orally and use the feeding tube if I needed to.  Thursday morning (thanksgiving day) the VNA nurse came out to try to give me a feeding... the tube is not working.  So now I have a feeding tube that is not working and is very painful.  Pain meds make me nausea and it is taking everything in me to try to get my protein in as well as liquids. 

VNA nurse comes again tomorrow to help with dressing changes...hubby has been great helping in the mean time....but he goes back to work on Monday and I see the Dr on Tuesday.  Don't know where this is going to go from here...I hope he takes the feeding tube out since it is not working anyway.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Marian

Joanna C.
on 11/25/12 12:29 pm
Hope you are doing better. Sending good thoughts your way

Joanna

justme2012
on 11/26/12 12:56 am - FL

Thank you Joanna!