Prayers needed please!

Friendlybyte
on 11/26/12 1:15 am - Greeley, CO
RNY on 08/28/12

This afternoon I am finally getting a steroid shot for the degenerative arthritis in my right hip.  I have been on pain medication for over 2 months!!  I so want to be off the pain meds and be pain free!! I have been using a cane and sometimes a walker to get around!  I am only 52!  I did not have this pain prior to my surgery. 

I am still dealing with the pain from the Meralgia Paresthetica in my left thigh that I woke up with after my bypass surgery. I have been on Gabapentin for that pain but it does not work 100%.   I am so frustrated and scared that I will have to live with this pain the rest of my life!!  I thought that losing weight would be the answer to all my health issues, yes I am off all my diabetes meds and blood pressure meds but now dealing with all new issues.. Sorry for venting I am just scared.  I signed up for Spring semester at a local college and I don't want this to be a show stopper for me.  I want to start the new chapter of my life as a healthy person!  I don't want to be dependent on pain meds...  Thank you for reading this!  Cindy~*

CindyKae64
on 11/26/12 3:07 am
RNY on 05/22/12

Sending positive thoughts and prayers your direction!

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It requires sacrifice. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT! (Author Unknown). I feel this sums up my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

dfarmer1196
on 11/26/12 5:22 am
RNY on 10/16/12

hang in there.  i am praying for you.

Allison P.
on 11/26/12 11:41 am - Santa Cruz, CA

I have a feeling that you are going to do well!