unknown pain - any ideas?

missmomof4
on 11/30/12 7:44 am
RNY on 09/10/12

yesterday i had an abdomen ultrasound which i do not have the results of yet. i had my gallbladder removed when i had my rny done this past sept. I have been having pain in that area which is why they did the ultrasound. the tech was pressing pretty hard & today my ribs are a bit sore. she also was pressing on my tummy. last night i was drinking some water & i took a deep breath. when i took the breath i got a really sharp pain in the middle of my stomach. it went away & only happened once. today however, i feel just sore in my tummy & am very tender to the touch. anyone ever experience anything like this before?

HW 366 SW 318 CW 299
Mendie Thompson
on 11/30/12 8:50 am - TX
RNY on 09/24/12

I haven't had THAT particular pain, but I had my RNY in sept. also...and last night when I was laying on my side, the weight of my stomach was pulling on the surgery sight and it hurt a bit...almost like it did when I was home from the hospital and had to put a pillow under my stomach to relieve the pain from the pulling.  I'm thinking just some more healing of the muscles...at least in my case.  Hope they figure it out for ya.

Pears678
on 12/2/12 12:49 am

I have also had mysterious stomach pain for the longest time. They did a CT, ultrasound, HIDA scan, X-ray, and EGD. Found nothing. I went in for emergency laproscopic exploratory surgery of my stomach and they still found nothing. What I have eventually found was that I start to get my pains if I haven't pooped in a couple days. It's usually when I'm very constipated. I started doing miralax almost every day and that seems to help. It also helped me to start taking Prilosec daily. They believed part of my pain was due to stomach acid reflux. I would def talk to your surgeon about it so they can send you for tests just to be safe! :-)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 448 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 403 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 337 views