My first post...

Mrs_Stimpy
on 12/5/12 6:48 am
RNY on 12/20/12

I'm a newby  here - I just found you all and have gotten an incredible amount of information already from all you nice people.  I have my RNY scheduled for December 20 and am starting my liver-shrinking diet tomorrow.  I'm excited for the surgery.  I really hope it will help my type 2 diabetes.  My surgery will be at Aspirus Hospital in Wausau, Wisconsin.

Allison P.
on 12/5/12 12:07 pm - Santa Cruz, CA

Good luck to you!

MsBatt
on 12/5/12 1:26 pm

I know it's really close to your surgery date, but since you specifically mention diabetes I feel I've GOT to suggest you research the DS (duodenal switch). Better than 98% of diabetics who get the DS achieve total remission, and it seems to be permanent. (Which doesn't seem to be true with the RNY---Melting Mama had a thread about this a few days ago, on the Main board.)

Amanda M.
on 12/5/12 2:40 pm
RNY on 01/18/13
Congratulations and welcome to the boards! My surgery is the day after yours!

KathC
on 12/5/12 8:33 pm
Congrats

My second chance... November 15, 2012

Mrs_Stimpy
on 12/6/12 3:57 am
RNY on 12/20/12

Thank you all.  I'm not really familiar with the duodenal switch, but I know that my surgery will include bypassing my duodenum, which the surgeon says will eventually (if not immediately) cure the diabetes.  I'm hoping so, anyway.  I'll see what I can find out about the switch - thanks for the info!  Linda

Good luck to all of us on our journeys! 

Highest - 222 / Pre-Surgery - 215 / Goal 150

Most Active
Recent Topics