3 days till surgery!

AnnaFrahm
on 12/12/12 2:24 am - MN

Surgery is FINALLY this Saturday.  I am exhausted from this 10 day liquid diet.  I finally gave up on the protein shakes and went to clear liquids and have been much happier.  Those shakes were making me so ill.  

Tomorrow I go in for an ultrasound to see if I am losing my gallbladder during my RNY.  Hubby and kids are ready because they are tired of crabby mommy :)  Parents are semi-supportive (they don't think I have thought about the long term effects- yeah like I just "jumped" into this!).  Friends are excited to help me go shopping for jeans and other fun items that I don't buy for myself right now.

I just want to be post-op and on my way to a healthier me!

I guess the reason I am posting is to thank all of you for the amazing posts on these boards that have made the last week bearable!  You are all wonderful!!!  Thank you so much.

Stephanie H.
on 12/12/12 3:20 am - OK
RNY on 02/12/13

My sister support is about the same as your parents!! I told her I was seeing a bariatric surgeon so I could have surgery and she is like "Are you sure you want to do that?"  I'm like "what, have surgery, get off a ton of pills, be healthy, loose 100 lbs, finally she says okay okay!  Still she don't get it!  I come here to OH for support because its too far to travel for meetings for me!  I' here for hours reading and researching.  So, if I ask questions, its because I am trying to learn and be prepared.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 367 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 246 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 23 replies · 151 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 309 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?