why did I tempt myself??

jorlsu
on 12/20/12 9:43 pm - TX
RNY on 12/17/12 with
I wanted to be nice to my father in law and hubby who have been being very supportive of me this week. (Rny) was this Monday. I made them some DELICIOUS looking shrimp, sausage, chicken jambalaya, complete with French bread. (Originally from New Orleans here). IT was almost painful to watch them eat it. I did not cheat, I know the rules, I don't want to get sick. But man, it was tempting! Just wanted to share.
Dee.spunk
on 12/20/12 9:48 pm - Sacramento, CA
Well, you probably could've had some of the protein part of the meal, shrimp sausage and chicken. I guess it depends on how far out you are. But either way, good for you for not giving in.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

MultiMom
on 12/20/12 9:54 pm - NH

NOOOoooooo!!!!! Her surgery was Monday from what she said in the post!

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Dee.spunk
on 12/20/12 11:15 pm - Sacramento, CA
Oh crap! I didn't see that. Yeah. None of that for you quite yet.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Larry Wassmann
on 12/20/12 9:56 pm - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

Better get used to it. You will be tempted many more times in your life. Be strong you can do it. 

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

MultiMom
on 12/20/12 10:02 pm - NH

I know that I am a little bit odd..... In my before surgery life when I was on a diet I baked cookies, brownies, breads and all kinds of things that I restricted myself from eating. Why you ask?? I did it because it made me feel stronger to NOT eat them. I wouldn't even lick my fingers.

That was such a nice jesture of you to do that for them! The day isn't far off when you can enjoy it with them. (Of course, being the northern girl that I am, I have no idea what is even in jambalaya!!)

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

macjuicy
on 12/20/12 10:03 pm - FL

You did the right thing if your surgery was monday and you attempt to eat solds like that so early lets just say people have died from those complications... Follow the diet correctly try not to put yourself in harms way by making that type of food you cant eat yet...

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

macjuicy
on 12/20/12 10:05 pm - FL

Exactly right temptation will get bigger... but remember as a veteran now I still watch what I eat... I can probably digest alot of diffrent foods now but I chose not to.

For Movie reviews goto my Blog 

www.gastricgeek.com

Joyceebaby
on 12/20/12 10:30 pm
RNY on 11/29/12

WOW!  I'm shocked you felt up to cooking a meal that soon after surgery!  That's great!!!  And good for you!  You resisted temptation :)  One step at a time right?

Mal
on 12/20/12 10:37 pm

Sounds yummy!  Don't worry, very soon you will be able to eat those things again!!  You need time to heal, get used to your new body and slowly will be able to introduce new foods again. 

I'm a home chef myself and love cooking louisiana/new orleans style food!  Just this week I made an amazing Chicken and Rice Gumbo with lots of fresh veggies and chicken.  Spicy!!! 

The way I look at things now (and it has made my cooking improve) is that anything I put into my mouth is going to taste AWESOME because I can only eat a little bit of food now at one time.  Quality instead of quantity.  Sometimes, as I'm cooking and sampling along the way I have to eat in 'stages' once its ready because I can fill up on sampling relatively quickly.  So I'll eat what I can when I sit down, then put it away for about a 1/2 hour to an hour and eat some more. 

Congrats on your surgery and welcome officially to the losers bench!

Mallisa

Most Active