Sick and low levels

Carla G.
on 12/21/12 5:26 am - WY
RNY on 08/03/12
Ok I've been fighting low levels for awhile. Now my iron, vitamin d and folic acid are all low. And now I've got the flu or a sinus infection on top of it all. I'm miserable My ears throat head chest and body hurt. Trying to find sum helpful remedies to hurry and get over this. Any suggestions???

Carla                    
Dee.spunk
on 12/21/12 5:30 am - Sacramento, CA
What vitamins are you taking now? I know you can take Tylenol for a cold, but usually I just kinda go through the motions and let my body take care of itself. I just make sure I keep hydrated.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

poet_kelly
on 12/21/12 5:50 am - OH

When your vitamin D is low, your immune system doesn't work well so you get sick more easily and it's harder to heal.  What's your D level?  I recommend the 50,000 IU D3 from vitalady.com.  You can take it daily for a month or two if your level is really low, or just a couple times a week if it's not that low.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 346 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 347 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 292 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 462 views