COLD + WLS + OTC drugs = HELP!!!

BamaBelleAmy70
on 12/16/12 5:36 am
RNY on 10/24/12

I am 7 weeks post op and I have managed to catch my son's cold and cough. BOO!! I got my flu shot in the hospital. I was wondering about OTC drugs for cold symptoms. I have no fever just a cough and a stopped up head. I tried some TheraFlu and it felt like my pouch was on fire. Never again! I have taken NyQuil and DayQuil in the past. Any suggestions and what I can get from the drugstore to help me and what about cough drops. I know NO aspirin and Advil products. 

Thanks in advance!

Amy

NHPOD9
on 12/16/12 5:48 am

Tylenol makes a liquid cough/cold medicine you could take.  I find it pretty worthless, but it might work for you. 

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 12/16/12 8:33 am - OH

I take Nyquil and Dayquil without any problem.  Cough drops don't have enough sugar in them to cause any trouble (or, you can get sugar free ones). Tylenol also makes cold products and most decongestants don't have any NSAIDS, so there are LOTS of things you can take.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

LadyAnastacia
on 12/16/12 10:39 am
RNY on 11/06/12

I just got over some type of nasty cold.  It was head congestion, post nasal drop, fever and some coughing.  I took the Tylenol Cold & Flu caplets and it made me feel better.

gmrbama
on 12/16/12 12:26 pm - AL
RNY on 12/03/12

I am 2 weeks post op and have had a severe cold and cough (from grandkids I think) to the point I had to go to Dr. and receive antibiotic shot and prescription.  In addition, i take sudafed, benadryl and use a nose spray and do not have any trouble.  May want to give it a try.

Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 0 replies · 20 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 357 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 355 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 301 views