Has this happened to you? One more bite and your mouth "rejects" it

Paula C.
on 12/16/12 11:17 pm

Hi.  An odd thing happened to me when I was eating a piece of chicken thigh.  It was soo good, I was getting full, but I wanted one more bite, and was chewing.  It felt like my throat shut the "swallow valve" off and wouldn't let me swallow and I had to spit it out.    Weird!

cajungirl
on 12/16/12 11:22 pm

BTDT....yes when I'm done, I'm done.  There is no way I can swallow another bite.  I think for me this is why vomiting has only happened 3 times in almost 8 years.  I can't physically get anymore in when my body says enough is enough.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

MultiMom
on 12/16/12 11:34 pm - NH

I know EXACTLY what you are talking about!! It happens to me several times a week. I know as soon a I put that fork, or spoonful, in my mouth that it just isn't going to go down! I make an excuse to leave the table so that I can spit whatever that food item is into my napkin. Then I rejoin the table and continue conversation normally without eating anything more.

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

madeformore
on 12/17/12 12:10 am - MN
RNY on 06/21/12

Yep, that's happened to me too! Its the wierdest thing! I don't think I've spit out chewed up food so often before - I am learning tho and not putting that last bite in quite so often.

Amy

HW: 270   SW: 245   CW: 172  GW: 160 then we'll see  

Rdy4change11
on 12/17/12 1:54 am - GA

I also experience this if I try to eat "one more bite".  Honestly, I'm very grateful for it because control was hard for me pre-op and it's a great learning tool!  I have no problems wasting the last few bites of something now.

MyLady Heidi
on 12/17/12 3:17 am

Yup. I spit things out all the time, when I am alone of course, I am more careful to not take that bite in public.

jobeth442
on 12/26/12 10:39 am - FL

Happens to me too.  I wonder if this is how the 'normally" skinny folks feel?...lol   However you look at it...its a good thing.  Keeps us honest...and thinner!  lol

Most Active
Recent Topics