Chomping at the bit!

jessann5
on 12/19/12 10:10 pm - Kansas City, KS

Congrats on your success! It feels good to have some complements and a positive things said about your appearance!

For me, I had a very unpleasant reaction to the attention from men. In my mind, I had been treated so badly by them since middle school when I became over weight. They would make fun of me, tease me, call me names. It made me kinda hate them. And this behavior from men continued in some ways into my adult years.

So when I lost the weight and they started paying attention to me and, I was ANGRY at them for that! I am the same person today as I was back then, but they never cared or even wanted to know anything about me, they judged me from the moment they saw me and didn't care how their comments, and reactions made me feel.

I am married to a man who has loved me through thick and thin (in the most literal sense!) And I am so thankful for him because he never once made me feel like the "fat girl" You know the girl that in every way possible is seen as inferior to anyone who is skinnier than she is, the one that only comes along to parties because her friends need a ride home, the one the guys make private jokes about. He never treated me like that. and I love him so much for it.

I am working on my opinion and the way I treat of other men, but it slow coming I still feel resentment and a little hateful towards them. I know I must forgive, but I can never forget.

Thanks for the vent/therapy session :)

RNY 1/29/08
Pre: BMI 47.6 wt 279
Current: BMI 24.9 wt 146
total pounds lost: 133

Mal
on 12/19/12 10:46 pm

Awesome post!

Mallisa

Oxford Comma Hag
on 12/20/12 1:03 am

Great job, Hollie! keep up the good work.

Occasionally men look at me and I always want to turn around to see who's behind me. LOL It's an odd feeling being noticed and accepted as normal after so long of being invisible or only visible when people want something.

Enjoy!

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 293 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 219 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 287 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?