Chomping at the bit!

Hollie313
on 12/19/12 7:43 pm - MI
RNY on 05/09/12

This journey has been amazing.  Don't get me wrong.  I've had my share of struggles, disappointments,etc.  However, as of this morning, I am 6 pounds away from joining the century club.  I never in my wildest dreams imagined losing all this weight would happen for me.  For everyone else?  Yes.  For me?  No way.

In fact, it's quite amazing how my life has changed for the better.  I'm no longer winded over keeping up with DH.  I'm no longer hearing my joints crack.  I can get on the floor with my buddy (shih tzu) and not struggle to get back up.  I can bend over for long periods of time without feeling like I can't breathe.  I can wear clothes that are cute, again.  I feel confident.  Men look at me again. (which is nice, even though I'm married)  The compliments I'm receiving from people who knew me morbidly obese is incredible....almost embarrassing.  I'm not used to all the attention and I'd be lying if I said I needed to work on getting used to it.

Through the ups and downs, this was the best decision I could've ever made.  Thank God.  He made it possible for me to have the opportunity at a second chance at life.  Not just life as in breathing, but life as in actually LIVING life.

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

Mal
on 12/19/12 8:07 pm

Be very careful when dealing with your feelings on attention from people, specifically men.  In my experience, it can be very easy to get caught up in all of the attention because, lets face it, it feels good.  Especially if you have never experienced it before (like me).  I was dating my now fiance at the time this happened to me about a year and a half ago.  I almost lost him because this happened to me.  It got wayyyyyyy out of control and I finally put a stop to it after a particularly horrible experience with a guy, but I'm happy it did because it made me realize exactly how caught up in it you can get. 

You may want to continue to reassure your partner (dh) also.  He is, I'm sure, noticing it too and it can cause some insecurities in him.  I never even look at other guys now and my fiance makes a joke out of it sometimes and says stuff like 'you see that guy looking at your ass?' and I don't even notice it.  I have become more aware of it now when I do notice it, I usually laugh.

It's tough going from being totally invisible to all of a sudden 'VA VA VA VOOOOOOM'!!!  I like the buttterfly analogy myself and that's how I now see myself.  The sky's the limit!

Mallisa

new4me
on 12/19/12 9:43 pm
RNY on 12/13/12

This is great advice!  Thanks for being transparent.

HW: 257 ConsW: 248 SW: 237 CurrW: 165.2 GW: 150 (then we'll see how I feel)

Without struggle, there is no progress - Fredrick Douglas

tulips52
on 12/19/12 8:08 pm

Congratulations! I keep pinching myself that I can enjoy so many NSV's!!!! 

MultiMom
on 12/19/12 8:26 pm - NH

Congratulations Hollie! I remember the feelings and they are wonderful. Mallisa is offering great advice. It is a great time to reassure your DH that while it is fun to be noticed by others, that your new body is only for him. It's very easy for him to feel left out of this new look of yours.

While this post of yours absolutely deserves the kudos that you are getting, and will continue to, I am going to add another word of caution to you and others that are in the same situation. At some point in the not too distant future all the attention that your friends are pouring on you will slowly stop happening. Your being 'normal' will be just that, normal. The losing stage and the attention is exhilarating! You almost come to expect comments and congratulations when you see people. At around the same time maybe the scales slow down and it gets harder to stick to your plan. Now THAT is the time that the going gets tough and you need to be strong. 

Again Hollie, I am very happy for you!

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

new4me
on 12/19/12 9:44 pm
RNY on 12/13/12

Words of wisdom!  Thanks for sharing!  What does "DH" mean?  I'm still getting familiar with the lingo. 

MultiMom
on 12/19/12 10:07 pm - NH

Usually means darling husband or dear husband. In my case it means dick head, LOL! DD= darling daughter, etc, etc...

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

Debbie W.
on 12/19/12 10:39 pm
RNY on 12/11/12

MultiMom, sorry....LMAO

new4me
on 12/19/12 11:04 pm
RNY on 12/13/12

Oh, ok!  LOL!  Thanks for letting me know! 

Larry Wassmann
on 12/19/12 10:05 pm - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12

You are doing great. I know you have had a few challenges but you have worked hard to get here and I am sure you will keep it up. 

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 152 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views