How much fluid do I add?

PhillyGal135
on 12/25/12 5:13 am - Phila, PA
RNY on 01/07/13

Merry Xmas all....  How much milk or water do I add to a protein powder sample?   It is from Nashua Nutrition, Isopure Zero Carb.   No instructions and I'm on day one of my pre op diet.   No answer on the Nashua web site.   Please let me know.   I thought you always add 8 oz but my Nectar sample says 2-4.       Thanks.   Arlene 

Arlene

poet_kelly
on 12/25/12 5:25 am - OH

As much as you like, really.  I usually use about ten ounces of milk or soy milk for one serving of protein powder.  You can start with less liquid and then keep adding more until you like the taste/consistency.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PhillyGal135
on 12/25/12 5:53 am - Phila, PA
RNY on 01/07/13

10 oz. seems like a lot for this sample size.   It would keep it from beeing too sweet.   Maybe I'll start with 4 oz. and add more till I like it.   Thanks for the reply.  

Arlene

Ducky07
on 12/27/12 9:44 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 01/09/13

I was given Ultramet Lite, and was told to add 12 oz of water.  Was having a hard time getting them down until I used a straw.  I know that's a major post-op no-no, but right now it's the only way.  Feeling very hungry today and felt like the only signs I noticed on the drive home tonight were the ones for McDonald's and Outback and the pizza place and.... :(

I was told the second day of the pre-op diet is the worst (in terms of hunger) and am hoping things settle down (including my stomach!)  

How are you managing?

Most Active
Recent Topics