Protein bars

apurdie
on 12/26/12 12:49 pm - CA

Does anyone know of a protein bar or supplement that is low in sugar, no alcohol sugars, but at least 15 grams of protein?  

gbsinsatx
on 12/26/12 12:54 pm - San Antonio, TX

http://www.questproteinbar.com/

Age at RNY: 55, Height: 5'4", Consultation Weight: 331 lbs-12/1/2009, RNY Surgery Weight: 281 lbs-3/22/2010, Goal Weight Reached: 141 lbs-6/23/2011, Lowest Weight: 126 lbs-12/11/2011

Current Age: 61, Current Weight: 161 lbs-5/20/2016Total Weight Loss Maintained: 170 lbs  

Mary Catherine
on 12/26/12 3:18 pm, edited 12/26/12 3:18 pm

Not to mention delicious.  I put a chocolate brownie quest bar in the microwave for about 10 seconds for a soft warm and gooey brownie treat.  But be careful, the original line does not have sugar alcohols, but some of the newer ones might.

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/26/12 7:24 pm
Quest protein bars.... The label on them show very low net carbs and almost no sugar. But I dump on them as if they have 20+ gr of sugars. For me they are worse than a candy bar. I get worse reaction to them. There are some others post op RNY who also dump or get sick when they eat them.
BTW: I measured my BS after eating one of those bars and my blood sugar went from 90 to over 200 after eating it. That's how I knew for sure that my body process them as sugar. I don't get that reaction from Atkins bars.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Winnie_the_Pooh
on 12/26/12 7:35 pm

Unfortunately you need to just get out there and read the labels.  Go to GNC or a natural food store and read the labels and buy some individual bars and see what you like.  I prefer quest bars.  Maybe try some from GNC before buying on-line to see if you can tolerate them.  I don't think they have any sugar alcohols.  They are high in fiber.

Detour bars and Pure Protein bars depending on the flavor are low net carbs, sugar and sugar alcohols.  The peanut butter Pure Protein bars in my cupboard have 2g sugar and 6g sugar alcohols per bar.

Atkins are low/no sugar but I think they are higher in sugar alcohols. I think the one with the highest amount of protein is 10 g per bar.

Winnie

Lindah55
on 12/26/12 11:33 pm - OR
RNY on 10/09/12

I use Proti-Thin caramel delight protein bars. 15 g protein, sugar alcohol 6g, sugars 5g, 150 calories per bar. They

taste pretty good.

MultiMom
on 12/26/12 11:47 pm - NH

I love the ProtiDiet Crunchy Cereal Caramel Bars (they also come in Crunchy Cereal Choc). They are the best that I have ever found for taste/protein/carb/sugar/sugar alcohol. Personally I cannot stand a mushy texture protein bar, so these really fit for me! I order them from NashuaNutriton.com.

N u t r i t i o n F a c t s

Serving Size: 1 Bar Servings Per Container: 7

Amount Per Serving  
Calories 150 Calories from Fat 50

Total Fat 5g

Saturated Fat 2.5g

Cholesterol 0mg

Sodium 190mg

Potassium 80mg

Total Carbohydrate 15g

Dietary Fiber 6g

Sugars 1g

Sugar Alcohol 1g

Protein 15g

Iron 10% (2,000 Calorie Diet)

Vitamin A 0% (2,000 Calorie Diet)

Vitamin C 0% (2,000 Calorie Diet)

Calcium 4% (2,000 Calorie Diet)

I n g r e d i e n t s

Soy Nuggets (Soy Protein Isolate, Oat Flour, Tapioca Starch and Salt), Polydextrose, Protein Blend (Hydrolyzed Collagen, Whey Protein Isolate), Glycerin, Peanut Pieces, Modified Palm Oil, Chocolate Chips )Lactitol, Chocolate Liquor, Cocoa Butter, Soy Lecithin, Vanilla and Acesulfame-Potassium), Canola Oil, Cocoa Powder Processed with alkali, Rolled 9oats, Cellulose, Artificial and Natural Flavor (Contains Caramel Color and Modified Corn Starch), Honey Powder (Honey, Wheat Starch, Calcium Separate), Soy Lecithin, Salt, Ethyl Maltol,Sucralose and Acesulfame-Potassium.

ALLERGY INFORMATION:  THIS PRODUCT IS MANUFACTURED IN A FACILITY THAT USES PEANUTS, OTHER NUTS AND SEEDS

High 250/Consult Weight 245/Surgery 205/Now 109
Height 5'4.5" BMI 18.4
In maintenance since June 2009

apurdie
on 12/27/12 3:22 pm - CA

Thank you all. I have been looking everywhere and now know what to look for!

Most Active
Recent Topics