OPTIFAST diet

vickim69
on 1/4/13 7:03 am

Does anyone has any suggestions or comments on the OPTIFAST products. I'm hopefully starting them in the next week and have to place my order. Were the ready to drink ones okay or worse tasting than the ones you mix? Did you like a certain flavor more than others? What about the soups and bars? Thanks in advance for any comments.

jackiejellybean
on 1/4/13 7:16 am - Canada

I only had the option of chocolate or vanilla powder to mix in water. I mix them with 425 mls so they aren't so thick (and use very cold water!) I am on day 7 of a 3 week process and actually like both. I bought 4 boxes of choc and 2 of vanilla. I find that after the first couple of days they are very hunger satisfying so this process has not been quite as difficult as I had feared. Best of luck to you on your fabulous journey!
Jackie

Surgery Date 01/21/13

lmaosmileyfacenz
on 1/4/13 7:17 am

The berry crunch bar is  YUM! the shakes not so much I could only drink the coffee favored and I don't even like coffee lol

vickim69
on 1/4/13 7:19 am

I have the choice of powder or ready to drink in vanilla, choc or strawberry

soups in chicken or tomato

and bars in choc. , berry, or peanut butter.

Trying to get my order together to submit this weekend.

KendraB1
on 1/4/13 8:59 am - DE
RNY on 11/05/12
I found the chocolate rtd's much easier to drink than the powder. The bars were good. The soups were not good-but i only had tomato and chicken to choose from. This is TMI but whenever I had a shake I had to make sure I had a bathroom availalbe because they tore my stomach up, so be aware.
Miamos
on 1/4/13 9:05 am - OH
I did the shakes and bars. The chicken soup for me was okay, but the tomato made me sick even just the smell of it. To get used to the shakes I drank them with a straw.
camelon
on 1/4/13 9:28 am

I have never tried Optifast, but the powder I use is the Walmart brand protein powder and I actually like it and it is low-cost.

vickim69
on 1/4/13 9:34 am

Thanks for the info everyone. I don't have a choice to use anything else for the pre surgery liquid diet. this is the only option.

KimKinVA
on 1/4/13 9:49 am
RNY on 11/13/12 with

I liked the chocolate and strawberry ready-to-drink shakes. I thought the vanilla ones were gross with a nasty aftertaste. I had both the chicken and tomato soups. I did not care for the tomato one. The chicken flavor was more tolerable for me. I got both the chocolate and peanut butter chocolate. The PB chocolate bar was my favorite of all the Optifast products that I had. The first 3-4 days on Optifast were the hardest for me. I had to do it for 2 weeks pre-op. Good luck!

65rosesmom
on 1/4/13 12:23 pm

I really preferred the vanilla shake mix to the others.   I mixed it in my black coffee, or with ice and coffee, or with diet root beer or diet orange crush.   All were acceptable ways to get through the shakes.

I didn't mind the soups. When I planned my day, I saved 2 of the soups to eat as my dinner each night.  With two together it was a full bowl of soup, and very filling.    It kept me from feeling deprived.

I wasn't crazy about the bars, but the chocolate one was good when I chilled it in the fridge.  

Overall, it seems like a long and difficult time when on the Optifast, but it will go by fast and after surgery you will barely remember it.   

Heather   Mom to 3  
Surgery August 9, 2012
HW = 225, SW= 205, CW 135 

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 421 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 505 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 487 views