How can i avoid loose skin :/

Mary Catherine
on 1/5/13 12:41 am

Arbonne no longer sells the exact products that I used.  It was a kit with a defoliant and a skin tightener and cost over $100.  I used it everyday.  It was expensive, but the results for me were worth it.  At the time I was an Arbonne representative and did get the products at discount.  Later I would find them on eBay. 

One of my friends who had already lost close to 200 pounds could not afford Arbonne.  We purchased an exfoliant and Nivea Skin Firming Cream at Walgreens.  Her cost was about $15.00.   She followed my directions and after a week the change was dramatic.  Her skin was soft and smooth looking and she was thrilled.   All of the little "shrinkles" disappeared.  We call wrinkles from shrinking skin shrinkles.

When I had surgery, I considered it my last chance to look and feel healthy.   I was strict with myself about not cheating, about my exercise routines, my vitamins and calcium, my proteins and fluids.  I counted calories, tracked every bite, went to the gym, joined exercise programs, and spent money on skin care products.  I decided I would spend whatever time or money it took to get the best possible results.

Working out with weights builds muscle that makes any loose skin look so much better.  I did get a tummy tuck because I wanted the extra muscle tightening and to get rid of a little stomach roll that exercise was not going to eliminate.  It was totally skin and only weighed about three pounds, but the difference was dramatic.  I am now comfortable in a bikini and I love the way he reshaped and recentered my belly button.  Everything else firmed up nicely.  I have seen people whose skin just hung and for them plastic surgery may be their only option.  Everyone is different .  It is better to do as much as possible to keep the skin looking firm and then use plastics if that does not work.

Bratlyn98
on 1/5/13 2:37 am - VA
RNY on 12/19/12
Oh what products??

Surgery Date: RNY: 12/19/12

Weight in: 221 lbs

Starting weight: 235 lbs

poet_kelly
on 1/4/13 7:54 pm - OH

You can't avoid it. Some people have more than others, though.  I don't feel that I need plastic surgery.

Exercise will tighten up muscle, which can make loose skin look a bit better.  But nothing gets rid of skin.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Mal
on 1/4/13 10:44 pm

You can't avoid it, period.  Skin is like an elastic band---it is designed to stretch.  Pregnancy and weight gain cause it to stretch and if you are MO, and have been overweight for a significant amount of time--its not going to bounce back.  Your youth may help you, but if the elastic is broken, you can't repair it without plastic surgery.

M'Lane

hopefulstar
on 1/4/13 11:55 pm - MA
RNY on 07/09/12

i've been sort of sabotaging myself recently because of my loose skin. i lost my figure and since i read everywhere that the faster u lose weight the more saggy skin, i havent been working hard at losing these last 20 lbs because i want to lose slower and give my skin a chance to bounce back. at the same time i feel like i am wasting my honey moon period. i have a year to continue losing so i figure i will lose it all by then slowly.

does it really help to lose weight slower?

10 lbs lost pre op      

thynnlynn
on 1/5/13 12:42 am - MI

I am 60.  You will end up with a lot less loose skin than I will.  My 9-year-old granddaughter thinks it is the funniest thing when we are out and find one of those high powered hand dryers in a restroom so she can watch the crepy, loose skin on the back of my hands fly every which way!

Blessings,   Lynn    

Band to RnY - 3/13/13

Leanne43
on 1/5/13 12:46 am - , Canada
RNY on 06/04/12

I know someone who lost  over a 100 pounds when she was 19 or 20 and her skin was like an elastic band being snapped back to it 's normal size no marks or anything. It's when your  older  is when it no longer does that anymore then you need  plastic surgery. so if you can get the weight off now and it all goes back to normal the trick will be never to put the pounds back on so you don't face that as you age.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 357 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 260 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 348 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 285 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 106 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?