How can i avoid loose skin :/

blueballoons
on 1/4/13 11:24 am
RNY on 12/27/12

I have been researching alot and i really don't want loose skin. I'm 18 and i really don't want plastics because i hear the pain is alot. Do you guys have any advice?

Laura in Texas
on 1/4/13 11:31 am

Your youth may help you. Otherwise there is not much you can do to prevent it.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

scarlettbegonias
on 1/4/13 11:45 am - Australia
RNY on 10/19/12

I lost massive amounts of weight at 17/18, about 90 pound and my skin bounced back in, so you may be in luck,

you don't say how much you have to lose? A little bit of sagging skin is still preferable to being fat.

good on you for researching though, it seems a lot of people go into this with little to no knowledge.

Band placed April '08 four years of hell-Band removed may '12~Non VSG July 26 '12. All went to hell~RNY on the 19th october '12~Leak & infection 26th october '12 ~infection 24th November '12, 2 weeks hospital~infection 25th dec '12 4 days ~30/5/13 hernia repair 4 days~hw120/sw/115/gw/58kg

Stacey-in-Syracuse
on 1/4/13 11:50 am - Jordan, NY
RNY on 12/20/12

One thing I've heard that is if you have stretch marks, that skin will never go back on it's own.  At your age, you probably aren't plagued by that as much as someone like me who gave birth to three 9-10 pound babies!!

RNY on 12/20/12 at 307.  Highest ever 326 pounds.  Goal weight 180 pounds.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/4/13 12:11 pm - OH

The amount of sagging skin depends on age (which you definitely have in your favor... your skin (in general) is still very supple and elastic), how much the skin is stretched (which depends on your weight), how long it has been stretched (again, your age works in your favor), and genetics.  So, unless the skin is VERY stretched, you will likely have MUCH les of an issue than someone who is older.

As someone else mentioned, though, stretch marks are permanent.  They fade in color (if they are still pink, they will eventually turn white), but they are actually a tearing of the skin and that skin will never fully recover since you cannot repair the tears. If you look carefully at the close-up of my bare tummy on my profile, you will notice that the stretch marks are still there on my belly (even though I had a tummy tuck).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Calla Lily
on 1/4/13 1:33 pm
RNY on 01/23/12

I think at 18, your young skin would bounce back nicely. Even at my age, 42... The only issue I have is my lower tummy... And it may have looked this way regardless from having 2 kids... If you look at my profile I have a belly pic posted there.

RNY 01/23/12, HW 265, CW 115, Height 5'6"

blueballoons
on 1/4/13 2:15 pm
RNY on 12/27/12

Thanks Guys its nice to hear advice from pepole who have been through it. And also i have to loose about 100 lbs 

Mary Catherine
on 1/4/13 2:43 pm

I was 59 so age was definitely not in my favor.  My secret is exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate.  Keep removing layers of old skin.  Then use products designed to tighten cellulite.  Removing dead cells and tightening up what is on top is going to do wonders as you lose,  Good luck with everything,  My skin looks great and nobody ever would guess I had surgery.  I started taking care of it from day 1.  People told me I was wasting time and money, but I am so glad I followed my way.

MyLady Heidi
on 1/4/13 4:14 pm

That is so unfair to get someones hopes up, if you did absolutely nothing your skin would look the same, that's good genetics not exfoliation.  Please do not ever believe this can happen because it can't.  My skin was ruined when I started getting stretch marks when I was a little kid and then add MO for twenty years to it nothing could bring it back besides plastic surgery and even that didn't get rid of them.  But I do a perfectly flat rock hard stomach and the pain was so worth it.  Add me as a friend to see my plastics pics.

katmandu
on 1/4/13 9:31 pm
What products specifically did you use?
MaryJo
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 345 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 342 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 290 views
What's on your Monday Menu?