With My People

apurdie
on 1/9/13 9:12 am - CA

I know that we don't know each other, but I feel known and like I know you!  Hard day at work, and since I don't use food to numb out as much, I spend time on this forum, reading and sometimes responding, and occasionally posting.  I am 8 weeks out and remember those first two, hard weeks and I don't know how I would have gotten through it without the forum.  Now I need to master a schedule of vitamins and keep on track with my food, especially protein and fluid.  Have been going through some slight dizziness and don't get labs done until week 12. Thank you forum for being there at the end of a long day!  Allison

Missy A.
on 1/9/13 9:39 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12

This is a good link to see how and when others take their certain vitamins.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/4515043/Vitamin-Schedule/

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

MrsLitch
on 1/9/13 10:40 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

Missy gave you a great link on vitamins.

As for tracking food I use myfitnesspal and I've seen several others on here say they use it. I like it because it has a phone ap as well as the website. I don't use mine daily but do log on and log foods for 2-3 days here and there to see if I'm where I think I am.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/9/13 11:52 am

I refer to my WLS folks as my 'tribe'.  After awhile, people in real life get burned out on hearing about surgery and all the processes. Eventually we stop talking about it ad nauseum, but it's still nice to have our people who know how it is to talk to.

I use myfitnesspal, but there are tons of site and applications for tracking.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org