Biopsy when EGD was done??????

Melinda S.
on 1/12/13 6:25 am - TX
RNY on 02/05/13

I had my last and final appointment today for my EGD. Although stressed I made it through :). But when it was all over I was told the did a biopsy. And it all happened so fast when I left I never really got an explanation as to what that means..... Has this happened to anyone else???  Is there something possibly wrong?

Tammy S.
on 1/12/13 6:59 am - DE
Its common. I had that too. Its usually polyps and they are harmless. Don't stress about it!!

Melinda S.
on 1/12/13 7:17 am - TX
RNY on 02/05/13

I just takes to my husband who was with me this morning and now at work and he was in a better position to remember things from this morning and apparently the nurse said that they do that to everyone now... I guess I had never just heard of this???

MinnieMouse1
on 1/12/13 7:17 am
RNY on 12/06/12

I had one too.  It determined that my reflux was worse than I anticipated.  Therefore, the RNY was a better choice than the sleeve, which I was leaning toward.  

bbearsmama
on 1/12/13 8:26 am
RNY on 02/28/13

Same situation with me.  My surgeon was even leaning toward the sleeve for me until I had my upper gi. I have an endoscopy next week.

Has your reflux disappeared since RNY? I didn't even realize mine was that bad.

Pam :)

"B" bears' mama from Texas
Follow my journey on youtube: "bbearsmama" 

SW: 210 CW: 123.6

apurdie
on 1/12/13 8:05 am - CA

They do one on everyone for that H- pyloric ? Bacteria that can cause ulcers if you have it.  They also do it on anything that might look suspect.

Melissa Nicely
on 1/12/13 9:31 am - Chesapeake, OH
RNY on 05/06/13

They did the same thing with me when I had my EGD last week. Surgeon said it was to check for bacteria and if any was present I would have to be put on antibiotics. He didn't act like it was a big deal.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 284 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 218 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 306 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 129 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?